Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: How to fold fabric so it looks uniform in my stash....

I don't have it all folded uniformly, but do think it is important to occ refold it.

Dee
    That was the best tute to really get organized. This is one of my to do projects. :thumbup:

I store mine also in a bookcase and just reorganized all of my fabric. I cut out cardboard and also used cereal box fronts and backs, folded the fabric to the length of the boards then wrapped the fabric and stored them upright likes books on the shelf. Worked great, cardboard is cheap - had friends saving cereal boxes for me, and was able to even color code all of my fabrics. Love the way it looks.

Blog Entries
    The problem with cardboard is that it is a wood product, and wood products that are not specifically treated to be acid-free (archival quality) contain acid that can gradually degrade fabric that is in contact with it. This is why so many antique quilts that were stored in cedar chests have brown lines along the folds where the fabric was in contact with the wood.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7