Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How I store my batting

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

How I store my batting

Ok this will be the 4th time I try to post this message!!!!

Last week it suddenly struck me to use space bags to store my batting in. Now I get 4-5 times more batting in the same amount of space as without the bags. DUH, why did I not think of this before.

Don't know if any one else has problems posting. When I try to submit it freezes and says "Quilt Board has stopped responding".... Very frustrating
    Myrna

They say money does not buy happiness, but it buys fabric & fabric makes me happy!!

probably your pic is too large to post. resize it then post.
    Linda

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    Quote Originally Posted by lfstamper View Post
    probably your pic is too large to post. resize it then post.
    thanks for the suggestion but I did not post a pic.
    Myrna

They say money does not buy happiness, but it buys fabric & fabric makes me happy!!

Blog Entries
    Ive never had any luck with space bags. The zipper things always break, and even if they don't, the vacuum seal always releases. I gave up on them.
    "I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane!"
    Valarie

I have been using the spacebags for batting for a couple years now. Keeps the bugs out and doesn't take up as much space. You have to be careful when you use the zipper so that the "tab" does not cut the plastic. The colored bags don't seem to be as sturdy as the clear. The cube stores more.

What a good idea. Bought a whole roll of fluffy polyester batting......was something for u tube.....pushing, sitting and laying on that roll to get it down flatter so we could tie the huge plastic bag closed. Then after much struggling, trying to get it into the back seat of my truck. Of course, wanted to take it in the house when dh was gone and had to wait til the next morning. Yup, it sprung a leak and filled the back seat and over the seats. Thought I would never get it out and into the guest room. When my dgs entered the room, he squeeled, Grandma, a hay bale! That was over a year ago and many many quilts later, it still takes up a huge portion of the room. :-)

Blog Entries
    Great idea. Thank you for this tip.
    Desiderata (Max Ehrmann) - Walk placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

Wow, great idea since batting always takes so much room.

I've been having the same problem with posting. I notified PatriceJ, and others have also reported the problem. If you just wait (a long time, so you might want to start working in another tab or window at that point), the message will eventually go through.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebird View Post
    What a good idea. Bought a whole roll of fluffy polyester batting......was something for u tube.....pushing, sitting and laying on that roll to get it down flatter so we could tie the huge plastic bag closed. Then after much struggling, trying to get it into the back seat of my truck. Of course, wanted to take it in the house when dh was gone and had to wait til the next morning. Yup, it sprung a leak and filled the back seat and over the seats. Thought I would never get it out and into the guest room. When my dgs entered the room, he squeeled, Grandma, a hay bale! That was over a year ago and many many quilts later, it still takes up a huge portion of the room. :-)
    I got quite the mental picture from your description! Thanks for the laugh!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast