Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
how long a session and how many projects? >

how long a session and how many projects?

how long a session and how many projects?

Old 03-29-2011, 02:00 PM

I try to work on one at a time and stay as long as i can!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 02:16 PM
Banned

who knows, I have not been in there for months now...sigh
Old 03-29-2011, 02:35 PM

I am lucky a lot of days to only sew 20 minutes....but on the weekend try to get in at least a few hours at least one of the days. I love when I have a quilt retreat or sewing day and can sew all day long...or all weekend long...of course getting up occasionally to stretch, iron, get a snack, etc.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:43 PM

I get up at 5:30 make coffee and breakfast and pack lunch for DH, see him off to work at 6:30 then I usually check in here then if I have chores I get them done first or else they will never get done. Then I go upstairs to my sewing room. When DH gets home from work I usually have thread hanging all over myself. I quit at 4:30 or 5 make dinner then if DH has something to do I get to go back up until 8:00 or so. What a life!
Old 03-29-2011, 02:43 PM

I sew almost every morning. I drink a cup of coffee, eat a banana, and sit down to sew for a while.

Some days I only get 20 minutes. Some days I can spend all morning. I usually work on one project at a time. If I have more than an hour to play, sometimes I sew on one project for a while, then take a break and stand and cut or press another project.

I have 14 UfOs. I'm not running out of projects any time soon!
Old 03-29-2011, 03:04 PM

gee i wish i could sew longer but with several surgery,s i can,t sew for long i have to take more breaks to rest a little in between ,my mind wants to but the body don,t let me like i would thats medical retirement for me but i can,t complain at least i sew some
Old 03-29-2011, 10:20 PM

I asked because I was curious - I'm finding that for me it has to be fairly short sessions, 1-2 hours, then I get tired and need a break. I may or may not go back later. I think one of the most important lessons I've learned is knowing when to stop - it's when I don't that disaster strikes!
I've just bought a Featherweight, and am planning to have 2 projects on the go now: there's a big backlog of quilting to be done, but I think I'll use the second machine to do some piecing to give me a break from that. In fact the need to stop fairly frequently may be because I'm mostly doing quilting, which I find needs a lot of concentration, not to mention the physical effort of hauling a quilt through a standard-sized machine!