Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: how long a session and how many projects?

Once you sit down to play in your sewing room, how long are you likely to be there? And how many projects do you work on at the same time? I at last have the luxury of time, having retired recently, and am still exploring what suits me best.

I stay in my sewing room until I need. . . .
    to go potty
    someone is at the front door
    I need to take clothes from the washer or dryer
    it's meal time
    I need something to drink

I try to work on one thing at a time, so I don't need to change thread colors.
    I totally lose track of time while I am in my "studio"

Yesterday, went in at 9am and left at 4pm (other than 1 bio break). That is rare. I was just in the mood to get some things done. I've not opened the door today. I usually spend at least a couple of hours every day, when I can stop looking at all the gorgeous quilts on this board! Enjoy your time however, you want to spend it!

Blog Entries
    Since I am lucky to have the luxury of time, I spend a lot of time in my sewing room. Anywhere from an hour to 10 hours a day. I have almost everything I need in there except a bathroom (which is only about 5 feet down the hall). I try to only work on 1 project at a time. Thankgoodness for the crockpot, my guys get a hot meal most nights.

Well .... I PLAN to be in there a few hours and it usually turns into all day! I try to get my chores done before I start sewing, otherwise they don't get done. I try to stick to one project at a time --- but I currently have 3 quilts in progress right now. Have fun!

Blog Entries
    I usually work on one at a time, but have been known to start a second one before leaving. I usually spend a few hours at a time and then move around to avoid stiff muscles. I love the calm I feel there so take it easy and can spend many hours there with calculated breaks. I, too, just recently retired and am finding my way.

Usually a few hours and I try to stick to one project during a session, just because for some reason I despise changing my machine feet/settings from FMQ to piecing and back. So if I have FMQ project, it usually gets finished prior to going back to appliquing or piecing.

Blog Entries
    I try not to sit at the machine more than an hour. Have to give my back a break. But I'll go in there several times a day. I may have 3 projects going at a time as I like to give a lot of thought to what I've done and make sure the next step is the right one.

If I were the sort to steal supplies from the hospital (and I'm NOT!), I'd have an IV and a foley catheter to cut ot the "bio breaks". I don't even get to sew everyday, so when I can, I go at it hard.

at least 8 hrs a day.......... I could live in there with no problem whatsoever

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast