Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to price a hand quilted quilt?

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Dallas Tx. I hope you sell, sell, sell, and love this board.

Welcome to the board.

I have never hand quilted a piece someone else, and I never will. Too much work.

But my husband's grandmother lived in a retirement community for over 30 years(!). She was the head of the quilting group. Since there were numerous women who worked on every quilt at some point, their price was determined by a flat rate plus so much per yard of thread. I think at the time when we were married (25+ years ago) the base cost was $50, plus the cost of the thread, which I think was around 15 cents a yard.

Hope this help.
    Jane
    Physically in Maryland but heart is in Indianapolis.

Rescued Boxers are adoptable love. Please consider a homeless/rescued pet when adding to your family.

Blog Entries
    I would look online at some of the quilts for sale to get a feel. Etsy has a lot of handmade and machine quilts for sale. IMo you will not get what they are worth if you count your labor for anything. The public has no idea about the cost of quality fabric and materials.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2