Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am so proud of my self >

I am so proud of my self

I am so proud of my self

Old 09-21-2011, 07:53 AM

I took the first steps today to get organized. One of the shows on TV I like is Hoarding Buried Alive so I am talking to two Professional Organizers about coming in and organizing my sewing/quilting space, it has gotten to the point that I can't find anything and I keep spending money on containers that I don't know what to do with. The one young lady is coming to meet with me Saturday to see what I have. She says she tries to use what you already have so there won't be a big investment in containers. I am so excited about doing this. I won't have anymore excuses not to get some sewing done. It has litteraly taken over my whole house. Wish me luck and I will keep you posted and give you some of the tips.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:55 AM

I definately wish you luck! My thoughts and prayers are with you during this transition!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by sguillot
I took the first steps today to get organized. One of the shows on TV I like is Hoarding Buried Alive so I am talking to two Professional Organizers about coming in and organizing my sewing/quilting space, it has gotten to the point that I can't find anything and I keep spending money on containers that I don't know what to do with. The one young lady is coming to meet with me Saturday to see what I have. She says she tries to use what you already have so there won't be a big investment in containers. I am so excited about doing this. I won't have anymore excuses not to get some sewing done. It has litteraly taken over my whole house. Wish me luck and I will keep you posted and give you some of the tips.
Good luck! Just be prepared for her to tell you to purge. I could never have anyone else do mine because I know I would not like to hear what they would say. But I also don't let mine get too out of control.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:58 AM

If you are a true hoarder, I APPLAUDE you at taking this giant step to get yourself organized. You go girl!!!! :thumbup:
Old 09-21-2011, 07:58 AM
Power Poster

Wish you luck.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:02 AM

I'm proud of you too. God Bless and good luck!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:06 AM

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-21-2011, 08:24 AM

Thanks ladies for your support. I don't think I am a true hoarder but it's getting to that point if I don't get it under control. I love gadgets and if I can't find something I go buy another. I could be embarrased by what I find or it could be that it's not as bad as I think. At any rate I will be glad to get it done. I will keep you posted, maybe you will benefit from some of the ideas.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:33 AM

Take pictures of before and after...not to post. But to remind yourself not to slide back into the routine right away. So easy to do!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:34 AM

Always welcome the ideas from everybody when it comes to organizing!! Best of luck in your Adventure and can not wait to see pictures of the finished space. :thumbup: :thumbup: