Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I Chipped It Already!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bluteddi
    I think I'd attempt to return it....
    this was my first thought. rulers are meant to be used with rotary cutters, so the cutter shouldn't cause chips.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaiQuilter
    Quote Originally Posted by leatheflea
    Is it a june taylor? I've not had much luck with that brand. I wont buy them anymore.
    No, it's Fon's & Porter 60 degree pyramid. Now that I think of it, I've never had this issue before. Maybe it's the ruler and not me!
    Just another reason to not buy Fons & Porter anything. Their stuff was good back when they were starting out, but then they got too big for their britches. Won't buy anything with their name on it.

Could try light layers if Crazy Glue, Gorilla Glue, anything of that nature.

I would try to return it. I have had my rulers for at lease 100 years--maybe not quite that long, but do not have any chips in any of them. My problem is the markings are hard to see on my favorite ruler.
    Sue

I bought one of those same triangle rulers ...fons and porter...and the very first swipe I took with my cutter, it did the same thing. I thought it was me too. Actually I bought it off a friend and she still had the wrapper on it. She re-ordered another one and it was 5-6 months before she rec'd it!

I'm always running my cutter into the ruler but it doesn't have any chips. I would try exchanging it if you can.

Blog Entries
    I put clear packing tape on all my rulers. It keeps the markings from fading and the edges from chipping. It's a must for most small rulers with points.

Blog Entries
    i would tell them. perhaps they would replace it since it's so new. can't hurt to ask.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaiQuilter
    Quote Originally Posted by leatheflea
    Is it a june taylor? I've not had much luck with that brand. I wont buy them anymore.
    No, it's Fon's & Porter 60 degree pyramid. Now that I think of it, I've never had this issue before. Maybe it's the ruler and not me!
    Just another reason to not buy Fons & Porter anything. Their stuff was good back when they were starting out, but then they got too big for their britches. Won't buy anything with their name on it.
    All their products are made in China :-(

Update: Well, I brought it back to Joannes. Told the girl it chipped so easily - and she exchanged it for another one. And I didn't even have the receipt! I used the new one and so far it's good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2