Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: I could just kick myself!

Join the crowd! Groan.

I make alot of miscuts too. I yell at myself , then figure out a new design. or add in other fabrics.

Boy, we have all done this at one time or another. I always do a sample block in other fabric so if I mess it up, I have not used the 'good' stuff and will have enough to finish. Directions can be so confusing and if one than one block, so easy to get it backwards etc. You are in with the crowd on this one!
    Kathleen Clendennen
    www.thequiltgal.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michelekolt View Post
    I found another mistake, The instructions say to use 39 stripes well it needs 41 stripes. This pattern if driving me crazy.
    Thanks for that info. I bought this pattern but have not made it yet.

The quilt I finished yesterday is for the annual quilt raffle at church. Bought the fabrics in the spring. Bought all they had of the cream background fabric. That was alsmot two yards more than I needed. Guess what...I almost ran out and had to piece it to finish the quilt and I do not have enough to make the border. I had to change my ideas. Guess I should have bought a FULL bolt of all the fabrics. Sometimes I wonder if the 'gremlins' are in my sewing room.

Stupid quilting math! Just when you think what we're doing isn't rocket science.....

I can sure relate to making mistakes - last weekend I was working on a project for my online class - a little zippered bag. Had trouble with the serger and realized that I had not cut off the end of the zipper just as it got to the blades. So I stopped sewing, cut the end of the zipper off, continued to sew. That end stitched out just beautifully. Got ready to stitch the other end and started to cut off the excess zipper. That's when I noticed that I had cut off the zipper pull on the other end. Oh well! You know what they say - "STUFF happens!"

Quote Originally Posted by hudgoddess View Post
    Stupid quilting math! Just when you think what we're doing isn't rocket science.....
    I completely agree. LOL
    Alma
    Nami to 6

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    I've done similar boo boos. It is usually when I am being super careful, the pattern is difficult and the fabric is expensive.
    I know what you mean. My thoughts exactly.

Sooo, at our guild meeting this month they passed out pkgs. with block pattern and wow background fabric for each of us to make a block for the president's quilt. There is just enough wow to make one block (the other fabric is your choice of anything turquoise). Sooo..... need 4 - 3 1/2" by 3 1/2" wow blocks and 4 - 3 1/2" by 6 1/2" wow rectangles, (you know where this is going, right?) Blocks.... done! Rectangles, measured 3 times, cut 6"!!!! There is no more background fabric available!!!!! Can I blame it on the ruler??

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast