Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I give up....

Move the bottom left block over to the bottom right, and all you'll have to do is make the large setting triangles. If you make them in the cream it will give a modern look and if you make them in black it will look very masculine. I do like your prints - very nice!
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by katier825 View Post
    The easiest way is to make a full block, then cut the whole side straight after. Be sure to starch if you do this because it will end up with bias edges. I put on an inner border to help stabilize it. What you've done so far looks great!

Attachment 400248
    Seems like good advice, and you provided a beautiful sample to study.

The easiest way is to make a full block, then cut the whole side straight after. Be sure to starch if you do this because it will end up with bias edges. I put on an inner border to help stabilize it. What you've done so far looks great!

Attachment 400248
    I love this quilt! What is the pattern called? I would love to make a twin size for my daughter who loves these colors.....About how much fabric for each type should I begin to collect???

Blog Entries
    You can move in here with me since my brain is the same Faye. I read it over and over and nothing seems to get through the thickness I call my head.

I must have been daydreaming through some of the DP9 quilts that were on point or they just didn't catch my eye until this post. I just purchased the Socky layer cake and some yardage to make a DP9 for a sock monkey lover and will now redo my layout plan. Thanks so much for starting this post.

This may be the dumbest comment you get...but I don't see the problem. I really love the work that you have done it, it looks beautiful! I would just continue doing what ever you are doing. However, I also realize I am not a "traditional" quilter, so if you are going for a different look, then good luck!

The easiest way is to make a full block, then cut the whole side straight after. Be sure to starch if you do this because it will end up with bias edges. I put on an inner border to help stabilize it. What you've done so far

Attachment 400248
    Is this a dnp? If not, what pattern is it? I want to make one like this only with red for a friend.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
    I love this quilt! What is the pattern called? I would love to make a twin size for my daughter who loves these colors.....About how much fabric for each type should I begin to collect???
    It's a disappearing 9 patch. I have no idea how much fabric it took, I cut up a bunch of stuff from my stash. I believe I made (25) 9 patch blocks. Probably 4-1/2" or 5" originally. sashing I believe was 2-1/2." the triangle blocks were just regular blocks cut in half diagonally. You do lose some points but can't really notice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymunchkin View Post
    Is this a dnp? If not, what pattern is it? I want to make one like this only with red for a friend.

Yes, it is.

I agree with the black. Love it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast