Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a binding with glue method question

I have a binding with glue method question

Sorry, I'm sure the answer I'm seeking is somewhere on this board but I can't find it. I am going to use the Sharon Schamber's glue method for binding. I have the Elmer's Washable School Glue-got it at Michael's- couldn't find a tip to use anywhere, and the employees had no ideas after we determined nothing in the cake decorating area worked. I understand she used to sell them on her website, but doens't anymore. Anyone have a suggestion as to where I can get the tip? I know you can use the glue sticks, but I am concerned I will get too wide a line of glue. The very narrow line that she is able to get with the tip seems the most desirable. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Come to Me and I will give you rest--Jesus.

Blog Entries
    I will be watching this thread.... as I have searched high and low for this tip!!!

Have went to many home improvement stores and hardware stores asking for a "metal tip to use with glue". I have searched many store aisles and many websites. Can not find it.

The only suggestion I got from Michael's was to purchase a 3 small plastic bottle set with tiny tips in the Martha Stewart line. $10 for the set of 3. The glue is a $1.79, there has got to be a better solution!
    Come to Me and I will give you rest--Jesus.

I put some Elmer's glue on a paper plate and used a very small paint brush and brushed it on the edge then pulled my binding over the raw edge and ironed it. It stayed put, and I machine sewed the binding with ease. I afterwards washed the quilt. turned out great. Kathleenq

You can buy #20 (?) needle and syringe at feed store and maybe thin down glue if too thick. That is what I was reminded of when I bought the Roxanne glue years ago. It looked like they had cut off the tip of a needle and put it on a glue bottle. (My animals needed injections years ago, think it was a #20 needle, really big!!)

I had a friend get the tips for me and I believe she got them from Sharon's web site. The only thing is I don't really use them. I just use the Elmers glue top it comes with and just am careful not to squeeze too hard. I get along better this way then with the tips. It is very hard to squeeze with the tips on.
    Mary

I bought a bottle of Roxanne's Glue at my LQS, & keep refilling it with Elmer's Glue.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Go to your local Hobby shop and you will find the tips there for a reasonably small price!
    Blessed are they that can laugh at themselves, For they shall never cease to be amused.

http://quiltsnmore.webs.com

I use a toothpick. Sometimes I don't even bother I just use the bottle tip.
    Just open it to the minimum and run a thin line.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyPeezy View Post
    I use a toothpick. Sometimes I don't even bother I just use the bottle tip.
    Just open it to the minimum and run a thin line.
    That is what I do, too.
    Happy Quilting.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast