Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I just finished my making my sewing table! >

I just finished my making my sewing table!

I just finished my making my sewing table!

Old 07-13-2012, 10:44 AM

Thumbs up I just finished my making my sewing table!

Hello all, I just finished making my new sewing machine table and I'm a little bit excited about it! I am fairly new to quilting, I am still working on my first quilt. Hopefully I will finish that this weekend and I will post pics of that on Monday, (hopefully). I have never posted pics before so hopefully I can figure that out. But this is the table that I made myself. I starting quilting my new quilt, and it was really a pain in the butt trying to quilt it on my dining room table so I started looking at them on line and OMG! They are pricey! The Amish had just finished my new barn and I had all this left over wood so I figured I would try to make one first, I am pretty handy with woodworking, and I already had the wood so why not give it a try right? I bought the filing cabinet that is underneath the table, that is also one of the legs for the table. After I took these pics last night, I started quilting my quilt and so I pulled that out almost all the way, so it's like an extension, works great! I made this all out of 1" thick boards by 5"wide. To make the top I glued and pinned 8 boards together, let that dry for a couple days and then I sanded the heck out of it! It is as smooth as a baby's butt! The table measures 45"x70". I also had some wood left over from the railing going up the stairs in the barn, it was 4x4 oak, so that's what I used for the legs. The filing cabinet is alot darker than the rest of the table, but that's ok for now. I will find something later on to take it's place that matches better. Thanks so much for looking!
Ok, I keep trying to add pics and it keeps saying upload failed. Any tricks on doing this?
Thanks!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:49 AM

The pictures could be too large. You can try uploading them to tinypic.com and using their code or just making the pictures smaller.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:50 AM

Teriann, it took me a few times of being able to load photos. Sometimes, I would forget to wait for it to load the photo before I hit the correct button. There is a small message that pops up when you hit upload files after you have selected your photo. Hope that helps. It might be that your photos need to be downsized also.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:51 AM

If the upload fails, it probably means your pics are too big.
If you have Microsoft Picture Manager, you can Compress for Web - it should then work.
Or retake the pics using a smaller DPI on your camera.
Can't wait to see yoru pics - this table sounds fantastic! And how talented you are.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:08 PM

Wow, are you handy. You put a LOT of men to shame. Congratulations!!