Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I Nee Help >

I Nee Help

I Nee Help

Old 12-04-2010, 06:32 AM

I bought some embroidery Designs from Misty Mountain when someone posted them on this board for 1.00. I have downloaded them , but I don't know how to get them to my card. Some of them won't open , and some of them when clicked on just disappear. I wrote to Misty Mountain and she says there is nothing wrong with them. My adobe reader error says they were sent in an email form and not decoded. Whatever that means. Do I have to unzip them ?
How do I do that? You can tell I need lots of help. Maybe I even need to be adopted by an angel that performs miracles. Oh I might need to say I have a bother 8500 and I have the PRD Basic. Thanks in advance for all the needed help. God Bless.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:39 AM

I have PED Basic.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:50 AM

Anything that's zipped has to be unzipped before you can see what's inside. Go to where you can see the icon of the folder with a zipper. Double click or open that file. Now look on the line (menu) above really good until you see a phrase that says "EXTRACT ALL FILES". It'll ask you where to extract to -- you need to identify and note down where you put it. You can now open THAT file. Sometimes I can't see files I've downloaded by just clicking on the file. I have to go into my program (Paint, photoxxxx, MS word - whatever) and open that. Then you'd do an "OPEN" from there. Hope this helps.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Power Poster

You do have to unzip the files, but unless it is different than mine(newer) you don't have to open the file. PM me if you still have problems and I will try to help you.