Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I Need Colour and Pattern Choice Help

Blog Entries
    5 and 6 are very pretty, but, they look wrong against the bright purples. They look like they need to be with another color. Just my opinion. Barny

I love the colors that you have picked. I do think #5 and 6 don't really go with the others and should be in another quilt. The first 4 are bright and 5 & 6 are kind of muted and would do better as a background with other colors. IMHO Your quilt will be very pretty with a white background fabric. Let us see your quilt when it is done. Purples are hard to match sometimes.
    Sue

Here's What I Opted For

Thanks for everyone's input. I decided to go with fabrics 1, 2 and 4. The result is the Triple Irish Chain block below. It's huge - measures 22". That's my 12.5" square ruler on it. I was thinking I'd make this 3 blocks across and 4 down, that would make it 66" x 88", so it would basically be 5' x 7' when done. I think this will be quite nice, and so does the quilt inspector from the looks of things. :-) Incidentally, this was pieced on my new Singer Featherweight that I just got on eBay. I posted more on her on the Vintage machines today, if anyone is interested. (She sews like a dream!)
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    1951 Singer 301A - "Jean"
    1958 Singer Featherweight - "Verna"
    2009 Janome 4100QDC - Nameless

Blog Entries
    You made a wise choice. That's really looking good! No purple lover will have a problem with the fabrics or the pattern you chose. Can't wait until you finish.
    Sue

Very nice choices of color.

Quote Originally Posted by maine ladybug View Post
    Just my opinion, but I don't think that the tone of #5&6 isn't quiet right. I wouldn't use them with the others.
    I agree - there's a grey undertone - stick with 1-4. Love the Irish Chain idea!

It looks wonderful!! I love it.
    LADYBUG

Blog Entries
    I like 1 thru 4 also. 5 & 6 just don't look like its in the same color family. You could make a 10 minute block with white as the center and sashing. Using the quilt in a dorm may subject it to wear that may prove to be difficult to keep clean so I would try to use as little of the white as possible (JMHO).
    Joyce

I did an Irish chain with 5 colors plus a white backgrund - my mathematically minded daughter had to draft it out for me!

Do love what you came up with.

My preference would have not included #5 or #6. I must say I LOVE what your quilt inspector has approved. GR8 job!!
    DI ... itís good to be princess

Ask and it shall be given ... seek and ye shall find.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast