Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I need an easy pattern that looks hard

Blog Entries

I need an easy pattern that looks hard

I have a wedding quilt I need to get started and done by September 21, that want colors brown and teal, I couldn't fine teal so it's an light blue.
    I have a go cutter and I have the log cabin die I would like to use but I just don't understand how to place the fabric for the colors I need. I know I am not saying it right, I hope someone understands what I mean... thanks for your help...

Power Poster
    Take a look at Jenny Doan's newest MSQC youtube video of a quilt called Merry Go Round. It looks complicated but is very easy with her instructions. The quilt uses charm packages but you could cut your own squares and yardage. I couldn't believe how fast and simple the quilt units were to do.

Disappearing 9 patch is easy, but looks hard.

Teal fabrics are hard to find, but worth the search. You might keep looking. The light blue might be a good light color to use with the teal.

There are so many ways to lay out the colors in a log cabin pattern. You may want to look for the varieties on a web search. I don't know how easy any one of them would be. The only log cabin I have made is using paper piecing and laying blues on one side and yellows on the other. Good luck and have fun. Forgot to mention that I have not finished this quilt yet, doing it as a QAYG and been working it - seldom - for about 5 yrs, lol. I have named it the never ending quilt.
    God Bless Quilters and Sewers
    Marti

Hancocks of Paducah has some beautiful teal in their catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    Take a look at Jenny Doan's newest MSQC youtube video of a quilt called Merry Go Round. It looks complicated but is very easy with her instructions. The quilt uses charm packages but you could cut your own squares and yardage. I couldn't believe how fast and simple the quilt units were to do.
    Thanks for posting this! I just watched it while I ate lunch & it looks so doable for me! I love it!
    Last edited by Grandma Bonnie; 07-20-2013 at 09:59 AM. Reason: made a mistake!

I just watched Jenny Doan's Merry Go Round video yesterday and it is easy the way she does it, but looks complicated. I want to make one.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

Great information, Alien Quilter.

Be careful with fabric.com, I've gotten decorator fabric instead of quilter's cotton. Have to read the description better.

Quote Originally Posted by BillieJean View Post
    I have a wedding quilt I need to get started and done by September 21, that want colors brown and teal, I couldn't fine teal so it's an light blue.
    I have a go cutter and I have the log cabin die I would like to use but I just don't understand how to place the fabric for the colors I need. I know I am not saying it right, I hope someone understands what I mean... thanks for your help...
    I find some of my fabric on http://www.equilter.com/ hope it's okay to post this! just type in teal in the search box and there it will be! Just a suggestion but if you are unsure how to use the cutter why not piece a Rail Fence using shades of brown and teal might be easier being you have a dead line and I sense a little anxiety - keep us posted and remember to breath!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast