Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need help with label for grandson's quilt. >

I need help with label for grandson's quilt.

I need help with label for grandson's quilt.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:32 AM

Default I need help with label for grandson's quilt.

I hope someone QB can help me with my new Singer Futura SEQS-6000. I have been trying to make a label for my new grandson's quilt, but can't seem to get it right. I can insert a design, but can't put in a message. I have tried the Lettering etc., but the lettering goes over the design and I can't figure how to move the message down where it needs to be. I have contacted Singer, but they sent me a lot of directions that didn't help.

Last edited by BJayne; 08-13-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:48 PM
Power Poster

I can't help with your Singer, but I can sympathize. I wanted to make labels using my machine (Bernina 440QE with embroidery module) and always found that the software to make the lettering was awkward and time consuming. I wound up buying EQStitch, which is a module for EQ7 that provides a stitch-out of EQ designs. I haven't tried it yet, but I know it will be easier to use and will hopefully encourage me to (1) use the Bernina's embroidery module and (2) put labels on my quilts.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:57 PM

Get a Pigma Pen and write the label in your own hand, giving particulars about the quilt. Only you can put that personal touch on that label. I love looking at the recipes my mother wrote in her fine Spencerian script. The typewritten recipes are just as easy to follow and cook, but there is something special about the handwritten ones. froggyintexas