Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I need a kick in the butt....

Power Poster
    Are you chain piecing them or doing them one at a time. I find I can whip up blocks chain piecing faster and it helps move monotonous tasks along. I also find bribing myself with something I want to do after I finish so many blocks helps.

I can imagine how you feel about all of the pinwheels. On the lighter side, I sewed from start to nearly finished, a pinwheel quilt last night. I used the directions from Missouri Quilts, it was fast. Now this is the part, I only had to do 5 for this little doll quilt, love it. I am going to finish the binding and voila it is done. I love doll quilts!!! What a great way to try a tecnique and get rid of some of my ever growing stash of fabric.

Take her to Joann's and buy her a sewing machine!! LOL

Blog Entries
    I feel your pain. I started a pinwheel quilt and I have since decided it will be pinwheels alternated with rail fence blocks. It might get done that way.

I am with you on those pinwheels. I started one last year this time using my scraps. Well 124 pinwheels later, I am still at it. I just put it a way and will return to it get excited about it again. I know your circumstance is different, but time does help. In the end, you quilt will be gorgeous.

Put a stop to the new colors or start involving her in the piecing.
    Wayne & Gabriele, the married quilters.

Loving life in the sun ! With sunscreen on of course ...
    Oh I agree with Alleyoop1; there is a point where one has to say-Enough !LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

i just love everyone's answers. are we all moms?

Just finished piecing a pinwheel twin size quilt. Got a little tired of taking out seams because I sewed the wrong side. Turned out pretty good in the end. Could be better of course, always see mistakes.

Blog Entries
    I don't think you need a kick... you need a pat and a HUG!!!!! Hang in there!! and consider yourself HUGGED!!!
    "... let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast