Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need  a quick pattern >

I need a quick pattern

I need a quick pattern

Old 08-10-2011, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by meemersmom
Here's an idea that could also buy you a little time. If they're having a reception after the ceremony, how about you make a quilt up out of a simple signature blocks (quilterscache.com would be a huge help) and then have all the guests sign them or write some well wishes for the happy couple. Then you can take it home with you afterwards, heat set the writing, and then quilt it? It would be a lasting memory of their special day.

Self-serving motive to give you some time...I think it would be great of you to respond to post http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-142025-1.htm I am dying to know the story behind your QB ID!! LOL!!

hahaha QB id was actually my horses name. I'm already doing all the flowers for the wedding so it's going to be really busy day so I don't want to add more to that.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
Originally Posted by wildyard
I really love this D9P I made for my niece. With softer fabric choices it would made a very nice wedding quilt I think.
Oops I forgot to attach the photo. LOL...
I like that arrangement of blocks. And colors
Old 08-10-2011, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by CindyLou
Here is a picture of the sashed D9P baby quilt I made. Quick and easy.

Well, Duh! to me. This arrangement is the same as Wild's. You used prints for the squares that yield the rectangles and she used solids.

Some days I don't perk on all cylinders.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by meemersmom
Originally Posted by Ripped on Scotch
I know I'm a procrastinator! and I did start a quilt for a friends wedding but I don't think she will like it anymore. So I'm back to the drawing board, and looking for some ideas. The wedding is in less then 3 weeks. Anyone have a quick pattern that I can whip up? I was looking online, really like the Delectable Inspirations from AllpeopleQuilt.com & an Irish chain but anything quick that you can think of would help me out! thanks!
Here's an idea that could also buy you a little time. If they're having a reception after the ceremony, how about you make a quilt up out of a simple signature blocks (quilterscache.com would be a huge help) and then have all the guests sign them or write some well wishes for the happy couple. Then you can take it home with you afterwards, heat set the writing, and then quilt it? It would be a lasting memory of their special day.

Self-serving motive to give you some time...I think it would be great of you to respond to post http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-142025-1.htm I am dying to know the story behind your QB ID!! LOL!!
WTG! Great thinking!
Old 08-12-2011, 01:21 PM

What a great way to make triangle squares. Just tried it and like it a lot better than using paper patterns. Thanks for the hint.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:42 AM

I've got a Bento Box in the works. It goes together very quickly, if you can find the free pattern online. One of my online quilt groups has a free pattern in the files section. It's all done with 2-1/2" strips. Very easy.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:29 AM

well I started something on Saturday evening after getting all the fabrics together and getting everything ready and then I went to sub cut the blocks last night and realized that I did all the blocks backwards so I have to pick it all apart! Oh well, I had a UFO in the closet that just needs a border and it was the right colours so I am going to finish that one and give that to the couple. I'll still do the other one and it'll be a christmas present for her someday maybe but I can't believe I did that!

At least I caught it before I started cutting more. Thanks for the pattern ideas, I have a pattern similar to this one so that is what I had planned on using in all blues with the white, until last night. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-144615-1.htm
Old 08-16-2011, 05:47 AM

Really like that version. Much more interesting & versatile than the original D9P.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:12 PM

That's lovely. I'm not a real big fan of D9P but that is the prettiest one I've seen. Thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by CindyLou
Here is a picture of the sashed D9P baby quilt I made. Quick and easy.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:14 PM

Sounds great, how about a picture?
Originally Posted by topstitch
I recently visited a quilt shop that had on display a quilt made of well coordinated 10 inch squares of rather simple patterns and light to med. colors. It had a 6 inch border all around. The thing that made it special was the quilting pattern was a simple one called Dancing Daisies and the thread used was a darker color and the pattern really stood out. I made a full size in 2 days. On another visit to the same shop the owner told me that she has sold over 30 pre-cut kits of this quilt and it gets more attention than any other one in the shop.