Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I need suggestions for a Pattern

I purchased these fabrics because the print with the flowers and butterflies (on the right) had my name written all over it. Then I went around the store and picked coordinating fabrics. Now I am at a loss what I should use as a pattern for the quilt. I have enough to make a king sized quilt, but I'm having a mental block trying to pick a pattern. (I have intermediate skills.) Suggestions, PLEASE! Thanks for taking the time to look at this post.

Solid Colors are Coral, Sage, Yellow & Turquoise
    Name:  Attachment-239032.jpe
Views: 22
Size:  42.2 KB

Blog Entries
    The best thing to do is send them to me!:):):) Beautiful Selection of fabrics.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/user_page.jsp?upnum=2181
    Lots of photos here. Scroll down to view the different quilts. I like the french braid, warm wishes and jacobs ladder.

Can you just lay them on the bed and hug them!
    Beautiful choices

Quote Originally Posted by QandE2010
    I purchased these fabrics because the print with the flowers and butterflies (on the right) had my name written all over it. Then I went around the store and picked coordinating fabrics. Now I am at a loss what I should use as a pattern for the quilt. I have enough to make a king sized quilt, but I'm having a mental block trying to pick a pattern. (I have intermediate skills.) Suggestions, PLEASE! Thanks for taking the time to look at this post.
    Warm wishes with the rose and stripe for your big blocks. Then the green,yellow and pink for the bars. Then use the blue in the backing and the print with white as your borders--with more whatever

Or lay them on the bed and hug them!

Fussy cut the butterfly fabric and then put them in the center of stars. Then boarder the stars in check floral fabric and bind in the stripe.

Beautiful fabrics. Can hardly wait to see what you do with them.

I would do a D9P - twist and turn version.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-16190-1.htm

There is enough variety in the ways the pattern can be used that you can do almost anything with it. I would use the solids for the parts you cut up, and your favorite butterfly material, along with the roses as the squares left alone.

It is a little more complex than the standard D9P so it should be fun to do at your level.

Please show us what you wind up doing with the fabrics!

Junior Member myfrenchawakening's Avatar
    These lovely fabrics would lend themselves nicely to a couple of my designs found at www.quiltingthejourney.com
    I would recommend "Diamonds Are Forever", "Hexagon Stars" or "Road To Provence" or even "My Edith Paif Quilt." You can do a quick search for these on the Quilting Board to have a good look while youre here. best Wishes, Therese

Junior Member myfrenchawakening's Avatar
    These lovely fabrics would lend themselves nicely to a couple of my designs found at www.quiltingthejourney.com
    I would recommend "Diamonds Are Forever", "Hexagon Stars" or "Road To Provence" or even "My Edith Paif Quilt." You can do a quick search for these on the Quilting Board to have a good look while youre here. best Wishes, Therese

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
    Can you just lay them on the bed and hug them!
    Beautiful choices
    ehhehe...I hear ya...that far right hand one is amazing...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast