Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I need your opinion please

I make receiving blankets with flannel fabric for family and friend's new babies. They are square and the fabric is washed, serged on the grain of the fabric. I had a lady ask if I would sell any. She liked them so much. Sometimes I can get the fabric on sale and other times I will pay retail prices. I have not a clue on how to charge for each of them. I need some suggestions---help! Thanks for all of your help.

If they are relatively simple to make, I would multiply cost of materials by 3.

http://www.craftmarketer.com/how-to-...our-crafts.htm

Link to pricing your items. Good luck, and like it says don't fudge your time!

I would price them at full retail for the fabric because she might want some colors/patterns that aren't on sale. Just speaking from experience on that.

Blog Entries
    A set amount per hour of your time plus materials is one way to price it. Good Luck.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by donnajean
    If they are relatively simple to make, I would multiply cost of materials by 3.
    And because you will not always be able to use fabric on sale, and because you will probably want to set a consistent price, I would price based on regular retail price. Otherwise, what if for one set you quote based on a sale price you were lucky enough to find. Then the next set using a regular priced fabric. Buyer(s) might not understand the up & down of such pricing. Stay consistent as much as possible.

Blog Entries
    I agree if they are simple to make, charge 3X the fabric cost, and use the full fabric price to do the calculation, no matter what you paid for it.

i agree from lessons learned - calculate according to the regular price of fabric