Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I need your thoughts and ideas....

I need your thoughts and ideas....

I am trying to make a Yellow Brick Road quilt for a wedding gift...and their wedding colors are red and yellow. I also don't want it sunglass bright either. How do you think all these colors will be together in this quilt...
    Attached Images Attached Images              
    Faye

Hi and good morning! I think those fabrics will be great, but if they start getting brighter than you want, you could coffee dye them to tone them down a bit

Blog Entries
    Looks great! but the third one on the top row seems to me, a bit bolder than the others. i guess because it has a bigger solid design than the others that have more of a thin line design. BUT.. you are the quilter and if you like it then I am sure the recipents will love it!
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    I think they are great. I would add one more color...probably a medium gray or brown.
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

I like your colors. If it was me I would add more variety to your selection. There are two (upper left) that are the same print You could incorperate a few more light background prints and some darker. I would also look for a print that has the colors you are showing .. a print with the gold, yellow, red and a touch of black. Yellow brick Road is a quilt pattern you can use lots of fat 1/4 , last I checked the queen size calls for 30 fat 1/4's.

I love bright quilts. One thing, the black will draw your eye so I agree to add one more color in grey but with a bold print like the one red one. Then you would have two bold prints so the one wouldn't so different. I think it will be great, can't wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally J View Post
    I love bright quilts. One thing, the black will draw your eye so I agree to add one more color in grey but with a bold print like the one red one. Then you would have two bold prints so the one wouldn't so different. I think it will be great, can't wait to see it.
    I agree! Nice colors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mythreesuns View Post
    I am trying to make a Yellow Brick Road quilt for a wedding gift...and their wedding colors are red and yellow. I also don't want it sunglass bright either. How do you think all these colors will be together in this quilt...
    First off I'm a scrappy girl, this isn't enough fabric for me. And your prints are all the same size, basically. How about throwing in a smaller print, a check, a stripe, something to add interest, some bolder prints? Your last fabric is really gold, there are lots of soft butter yellow colors that will do for your theme.
    Judi in Ohio

Great colors....I Luv bright colors ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
    I like your colors. If it was me I would add more variety to your selection. There are two (upper left) that are the same print You could incorperate a few more light background prints and some darker. I would also look for a print that has the colors you are showing .. a print with the gold, yellow, red and a touch of black. Yellow brick Road is a quilt pattern you can use lots of fat 1/4 , last I checked the queen size calls for 30 fat 1/4's.
    This was going to be my suggestion too. Add a print that has all the colors in it - I always feel like that ties all the elements together. It's going to be great though - I like the colors.
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast