Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
And I Only needed thread .... >

And I Only needed thread ....

And I Only needed thread ....

Old 07-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Banned

Default And I Only needed thread ....

But I ended up going to three fabric stores tonight! I went to Hancocks, JoAnns and Hobby Lobby. What fun I had browsing and spending money. Hancocks had a lot of fabric on the clearance table, but I tried to be good, just bought a little.
Hobby Lobby was a mess, they were getting ready for a floor refinishing and were moving the fabric as I looked. I felt like I was racing them to get what I wanted, LOL.

This is what happens when my husband goes out of town for a week, I get bored and have time to shop since I do not have to cook, etc.

I did get the thread, although I am not sure I got what i needed. I am taking my first quilt to be quilted this weekend and I was not sure how my thread to buy. I got 2 1200 yd spools. Will this be enough? Not a single quilting book I looked in at JoAnns told how much thread. Odd.

I also got fabric to start another quilt and most fun of all, I got the girl at Hancocks to she me how the the Longarm quilting machine worked. first time I have actually seen one in action. Oh my, wouldn't I love that. Just too much money for a beginner like me .... maybe one day, but probably never. I will do what I can on my basic machine and send the others out, dang I could send a lot of quilts out for that price.
Now I am to tired to do anything else tonight, going to bed and hope to sew tomorrow.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:47 PM

Your Hancock Fabrics has a long arm machine?????
Old 07-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Banned

Yes Mam, Well it could be a mid-arm but it was a machine quilter - set up on a 3 foot demo frame. She would let you try it, but i was not ready, LOL!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by tezell0801 View Post
Yes Mam, Well it could be a mid-arm but it was a machine quilter - set up on a 3 foot demo frame. She would let you try it, but i was not ready, LOL!
Well, I'm jealous! But then again, I don't think the staff know how to work the basic machines that they carry! They are much nicer than the Joann's employees but not very knowledgeable sometimes!!
Old 07-13-2012, 04:37 AM

Normally, longarmers will supply the thread because different machines seem to prefer certain types of thread.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:50 PM

At least you remember to get thread! I've been known to go into a fabric store, come out several $$$ lighter & when I get home, I realize I plumb forgot to get what I went for! LOL!