Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I thought what I am going to do about my sister deciding country >

I thought what I am going to do about my sister deciding country

I thought what I am going to do about my sister deciding country

Old 03-15-2011, 09:59 AM

A couple weeks ago, I wrote both venting and asking opinion. It was about when I asked my sister about patterns/colors that I would look for. She first said skeleton heads/bones... for her boyfriend. She gave a couple quirky things, I forgot what they were, but, hard to find. I asked about colors.. she said red, black, white. That's better to work with. She asked if I could make half skeletons and half sock monkeys for her, or... I said no I don't think those kind of ideas would look good together. She told me red, black, white. When we visited our children and grandbabies, DH and I went to the fabric store. I did not find anything I particularly cared for, but, DH sure did. I got the fabric, came home, called sis. Ok with her. She asked a week later to send pics...I sent them.... She said nice, but, flowers?. They are red, black and white. She then told me, I LIKE COUNTRY can you put something else in there?? NO..
You folks have given so much support. I've been thinking it over. I am using the fabric and going to do a log cabin quilt. At least I'm going to try. I figure that would be country
Old 03-15-2011, 10:02 AM

You go girl!! If she doesn't like it, send it my way!! I will take good care of it!! :lol:
Old 03-15-2011, 10:04 AM

Good luck on pleasing your Sis, I'm sure it will be beautiful, and I hope she will appreciate your hard work or next time don't ask, lol.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:05 AM

I remember those fabrics, they would look nice in a log cabin! Log Cabins are EASY! They are my favorite block. Have fun, and show us when your done.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:26 AM

My daughter was the same way. S I started sending her links of different pictures of quilts on the internet, just for ideas. Then she started sending me links back and from that we were able to find somethign that was her style and pattern.