Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I want to sell a 401A in small cabinet >

I want to sell a 401A in small cabinet

I want to sell a 401A in small cabinet

Old 04-17-2010, 04:26 PM

Last November we bought a Singer 401A in a cabinet, the type that flips open and bring the machine up. Dear DH wanted to fix it up and then sell it or keep it. But we never got around to doing it. The machine works, but needs cleaning, a new light bulb, and probably oiling and grease. The cabinet can be restored. Now he decided he doesn't want to bother with it and wants to sell it for what we paid for it, $50. Is Craig's list best place? I wouldn't want to ship it. I am tired of looking at it.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:51 PM

I wish I lived in San Antonio!
Old 04-17-2010, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by MaryStoaks

I do too! :)

Craig's list is a good choice....if you can sell on ebay, you can make it so that it's a local pickup only....
Old 04-18-2010, 06:42 AM

Oh! How I wish I lived near you. I would be right over to get it!!!!! Good luck in selling it! I am sure it will be snapped up.
Originally Posted by Gilla
Last November we bought a Singer 401A in a cabinet, the type that flips open and bring the machine up. Dear DH wanted to fix it up and then sell it or keep it. But we never got around to doing it. The machine works, but needs cleaning, a new light bulb, and probably oiling and grease. The cabinet can be restored. Now he decided he doesn't want to bother with it and wants to sell it for what we paid for it, $50. Is Craig's list best place? I wouldn't want to ship it. I am tired of looking at it.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:45 AM

Wherever you put it, it should be an auction. Start the bidding price at $50. Let it go from there. I am sure you will get more for it. I did that with a spinning wheel on Ebay. I put in a starting bid and a Buy It Now price. Once the bidding starts, the BIN price no longer works. WELL! A gal in CA should have gone the BIN route because she ended up paying a lot more. I also had the buyer pay the shipping. You need to state that in the blurb.
Originally Posted by Charlee

Craig's list is a good choice....if you can sell on ebay, you can make it so that it's a local pickup only....
Old 04-18-2010, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by OmaForFour
Wherever you put it, it should be an auction. Start the bidding price at $50. Let it go from there. I am sure you will get more for it. I did that with a spinning wheel on Ebay. I put in a starting bid and a Buy It Now price. Once the bidding starts, the BIN price no longer works. WELL! A gal in CA should have gone the BIN route because she ended up paying a lot more. I also had the buyer pay the shipping. You need to state that in the blurb.
Originally Posted by Charlee

I agree start it at $50.00