Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I went to one of the craft stores that sells fabric looking for a few small pieces to

add to a quilt I am in the process of starting. I picked up two bolts of fabric. Same price same name on the end everything the same except one was one of the cheapest pieces I have felt in a long time and the other was as nice as you would get at the lqs. Whats the deal?

Formerly NY, IL, AL, TN, HI, FL, AL, and Germany. Now living in TN again.
    Here is a great explanation for the different qualities of fabric. Pat Sloan is another great quilter!

http://patsloan.typepad.com/quiltershome/fabricq.html

I was just so frustrated because you could actually feel and see the difference and they were the same price on the same shelf and marked by the same name, I think it was keepsake calico. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lscho4jm
    Here is a great explanation for the different qualities of fabric. Pat Sloan is another great quilter!

http://patsloan.typepad.com/quiltershome/fabricq.html
    Awesome link! Thanks. I shall enjoy quilting with Pat Sloan I think. This explains why you might find a fabric at Walmart for a lesser price than you see in a LQS. I knew there was a difference in grades, just didn't know how to explain it to anyone.