Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ideas for machine quilting? >

Ideas for machine quilting?

Ideas for machine quilting?

Old 08-25-2015, 12:33 PM

Default Ideas for machine quilting?

Several people on this board have been making the triangle frenzy runners which look beautiful. I'm so inspired so now I am going to make them and give them as Christmas gifts this year. Here is a link to the pattern

Http://www.trianglefrenzy.com/shop/P...-x3748330.htms.

My first one - "the trial one" will be for me made from the fabric below. I'd like to do more than stitch in the ditch in the seams....any suggestions on how to machine quilt It?
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 08-25-2015, 12:59 PM
Power Poster

I would outline quilt the print and add a few veins in the leaves, flowers and pumpkins. I would meander in the dark background with matching thread.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:34 PM
Power Poster

I would have a hard time cutting up that lovely fabric. You'll no longer have the pumpkins and flowers, once the fabric is layered and cut into triangles. I think the quilting ideas would have to wait until you see how the runner looks.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

I agree with dunster. You may have chosen a print that is too large for this pattern.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:30 AM

Love the fabric! I think it will be perfect for the triangle frenzy! You might want to do a small amount of "fussy cutting" to get a few of the larger pumpkins to stand out. If you are free motion quilting you could make a few leaves within the main print along with SID. If you are are using a walking foot maybe follow the hexagon with wider echo stitching. Just a though...make sure you post your finish!

FREE Quilting Newsletter