Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ideas for a wedding quilt >

Ideas for a wedding quilt

Ideas for a wedding quilt

Old 07-06-2015, 05:55 AM

Default Ideas for a wedding quilt

My daughter is getting married and I'd like to make a. quilt for her. They'd like their monogram and wedding date incorporated in the design. I like the idea of using that as the center and then building the design around it. Has anyone done anything like that or seen a pattern I might modify? And how can I do the center square without an embroidery machine?
I appreciate any suggestions!
Old 07-06-2015, 07:00 AM

I've seen really pretty ones with a heart or entwined hearts. Don't recall the names of the patterns.
Do you know anyone close by that you could get to do the embroidery for you?
Old 07-06-2015, 08:13 AM

I don't have a suggestion for a pattern, but do have a thought. All young people when they get married think it is forever. Sadly, most aren't. Even though it would be wonderful to have everything up front and in the center, that could make this quilt very unpopular if they do decide to divorce. I would give thought as to how to include it, so that it could be either covered or removed if things don't work out. And, I'm not really a pessimist, but a realist.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:33 AM
Power Poster

I always go and search Google. Found this quilt which I thought was charming with interlocking squares:
http://www.craftsy.com/project/view/...ng-quilt/56108
Old 07-06-2015, 10:01 AM

How about an album quilt, have the guests sign muslin squares and incorporate them into the quilt?
Old 07-06-2015, 03:27 PM
Power Poster

I saw a quilt here, but don't know where in the last few days. it had double wedding rings around the border and I think plain in the ctr. you can do something like that. I hate to admit what Barb said, but a label on the back would be nice. My first marriage ended in divorce, he was crazy violent. my dh now is a gift from God and we'll never part. I hate it when we're apart from each other. he's the greatest. I wish them a long happy marriage.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
I don't have a suggestion for a pattern, but do have a thought. All young people when they get married think it is forever. Sadly, most aren't. Even though it would be wonderful to have everything up front and in the center, that could make this quilt very unpopular if they do decide to divorce. I would give thought as to how to include it, so that it could be either covered or removed if things don't work out. And, I'm not really a pessimist, but a realist.
yes, i made king sized for my daughter... the marriage didn't last. luckily,all of the personalization was on the label and i just replaced that.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-06-2015 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:33 PM

Given when Barb mentioned about divorce, you can still feature the wedding date and monogram in the center but hand applique it to the center. If it required removal later, you can do so.