Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If only it could be tax deductible! >

If only it could be tax deductible!

If only it could be tax deductible!

Old 01-04-2014, 10:02 AM

Smile If only it could be tax deductible!

Just tallied up all my 2013 quilting/sewing related receipts today. How lovely if it was all tax deductible! Maybe under medical? After all it does contribute to my mental health!
Old 01-04-2014, 10:31 AM

Oh my-why would you do that to your self! I save all my receipts but I would really hate to actually add it up for the year
Old 01-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Power Poster

All I have to do is check my account on line and hopefully won't blow my budget again the next month. I really shouldn't buy anything else for the next 4-5 months but Hancocks and JoAnn's both have some great sales. So here goes blowing again.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:52 AM
Power Poster

Some of it might be deductible if you gave quilts to charity. And if you have any income from your quilting, you can deduct the costs associated with that income. I just pile my receipts in a box and try not to notice how full that box is getting.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:36 AM

Love this idea, wish it would go towards 'tax' problems,..........hmmmmmmm, maybe it your Dr. wrote you a prescription so it would improve your mental health! After all don't they provide craft things for those to do in mental facilities??? [at least they show that in movies]
Old 01-04-2014, 11:50 AM

it definitely contributes to my mental health and its the reason my dear sweet hubby is still breathing lol. I know I have a wonderful hubby but he is a man and sometimes he reminds me of that fact when he acts like one. 75% of the time he is awesome and my quilting gets me thru the other 25 % of the time we just had our 18th anniversary and in typical fashion we both forgot it lol we realized it 2 days later I guess that's what happens when you get married 5 days before Christmas. hmmm I don't think I want to know how much I spend though my fabric closet is full and ive been going thru it because my neice has decided she wants to quilt I hope shes prepared for the boxes heading her way. I don't think shell need to buy anything for awhile and lets hope her hubby forgives me for creating a monster lol. its so exciting to see what shell make I cant wait. and yes I will deinately send her here as well.
Carla m
Old 01-04-2014, 12:15 PM

I make a considerable number of charity quilts and princess pillowcase dresses that could be deductible if I was willing to go to the trouble of keeping track of my expenses. I hope I never need to out of necessity. As long as I can afford to feed my fabric acquiring habit I will not bother with the tax right off.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:37 PM

There is NO WAY I would want to know what I spend. It would just make me feel guilty.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:39 PM

I don't care what I buy, or how much I spend!! Im worth it!! My husband said so!
Old 01-04-2014, 02:32 PM

I donated a pile of fabric I won't ever use to a church and I got a letter from them with a $ value for my tax return! So it can pay off! I was shocked but delighted and my accountant will be thrilled!