Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Treasure hunt scores! >

Treasure hunt scores!

Treasure hunt scores!

Old 01-03-2014, 09:58 PM

Default Treasure hunt scores!

I started scouring craigslist.

Found a beautiful sewing basket!! I don't need it, but it's so pretty!! Made arrangements, and picked it up after hubby got home from his long day. While I had his truck, since I still was in treasure hunt mode, I stopped at the local goodwill. I found a book that goes with a box of patterns I bought a few years ago. And some kind of quilted thing. Not quite a blanket, or table cloth. But it's beautiful and was only $3. I love the fabric and textures. The back seems to be pieced out of old polyester pants. I'm going to put it on the foot of the bed for my cats to lay on. Book was also $3, basket was a bit more, that was $30. The basket is a longaberger from 1984, but it has been spray painted. It's a pretty color though. Some photos below
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-04-2014 at 05:43 AM. Reason: remove the PDA portion
Old 01-03-2014, 10:02 PM

Few more photos
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 01-03-2014, 10:12 PM
Power Poster

Well...goes to prove nothing can hold a determined "treasure hunter" down.

The sewing basket is absolutely beautiful....really charming and looks like it is a useful size. The little quilt is lovely too, the fabrics on the top are really attractive...maybe they are decorator/upholstery samples, anyway I am sure the cats will find them more than satisfactory. Excellent to have the book that goes with the patterns....I love a good "find" story. Thanks for sharing....cheered me up a bit.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-04-2014 at 05:42 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:12 PM

Even spray painted the Longaberger basket is very attractive. I don't ever remember seeing that style before.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
Well...goes to prove nothing can hold a determined "treasure hunter" down.

The sewing basket is absolutely beautiful....really charming and looks like it is a useful size. The little quilt is lovely too, the fabrics on the top are really attractive...maybe they are decorator/upholstery samples, anyway I am sure the cats will find them more than satisfactory. Excellent to have the book that goes with the patterns....I love a good "find" story. Thanks for sharing....cheered me up a bit.
I think the cats will love it, it seems to be upholstery type fabric. It has a lot of texture.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-04-2014 at 05:44 AM.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
Even spray painted the Longaberger basket is very attractive. I don't ever remember seeing that style before.
i had to do a bit of googling to learn about it, but it's a sewing basket, with a lid, on a stand. There is a hole in the bottom of the basket that fits over a peg in the stand to connect them. The hand signed on bottom next to stamp says 1984. I think the basket, lid and stand May have been offered seperate. Longaberger likes their "add on" stuff lol.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:21 AM

"No great loss without some small gain", my dear MOL used to say. Funny, as I get older, how much wisdom I realize she had.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:14 AM
Power Poster

Great score!!!
Old 01-04-2014, 09:00 AM

I'm seriously wishing i lived by a Goodwill. . And the basket would be so expensive now.

hugs,
Charlotte
Old 01-04-2014, 02:22 PM

You are so right about Longaberger and their add-ons! The one you found is just so great! Would be be too rude to ask what you paid for it? Won't tell you how many Longaberger baskets I have, but will admit to having 2 pie carriers and one picnic basket that are sewing baskets. (Just could not resist.) I got the 2 small purses for my daughters and filled them with mending items. (Neither of them sew really.)