Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: If someone has a Juki TL2000Qi, UPDATE

This is only the second time I have used my Juki TL2000Qi and now it keeps doing the birds nest with the top thread on the back of what I am sewing.

I have tried the tension in every way possible with the bobbin and top thread.

If I have to take the plate off one more time to clean out the ball of thread, I will pull my hair out. :thumbdown:

Please help! :-(

Ok- This sounds stupid, but if you are FMQing- make sure the presser foot is down. I actually called the company in tears before figuring out that that was my error.....

(If you are not as dumb as me, I apologize.)

Blog Entries
    If Hazeljane's idea doesn't work, make sure your feed dogs are down. Also, have you seen the Magic Bobbin Washers? Leah Day, a popular free motion quilter, said she couldn't work without these. They are supposed to end the thread loops and birds' nests on the bottom side of your quilt. Take a look at this site. http://daystyledesigns.com/magicgeniewashers.htm
    I bought some for my machine but haven't had a chance to try them...my machine is in for repairs. Good luck to you!

make sure you pull the bobin thread up to the top and hold onto it befor you start sewing. that should solve your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hazeljane
    Ok- This sounds stupid, but if you are FMQing- make sure the presser foot is down. I actually called the company in tears before figuring out that that was my error.....

LOL, 2 hours later, sewing 101, the presser foot was not down! :shock: :shock: :shock:

OMG, I feel sooooo stupid.

Thank you!! :D :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    I'm glad you found the problem. I haven't found a machine that did not go crazy at least once when doing FMQing

We've all made our share of mistakes that make us wonder if we're losing our minds...and we laugh about them later, too. Have fun!

I can't tell you how many times I got started without the foot down- what a mess!!! Ya gotta laugh!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RenaB
    Quote Originally Posted by hazeljane

LOL, 2 hours later, sewing 101, the presser foot was not down! :shock: :shock: :shock:

OMG, I feel sooooo stupid.

Thank you!! :D :mrgreen:
    Don't feel bad about it. I have done it many times, but my new little Brother machine has a buzzer that reminds me to put the foot down! Glad it wasn't anything wrong with your machine that would take money for repairs!