Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: I'm considering a new embroidery machine. Input needed.

maybe just service that one for sewing , and get an embroidery only model that is higher end, either way expensive machines with computers need to be kept in good condition.

Blog Entries
    I have A viking SE and A viking #1+ wich is 13 years old runs like A charm.I love my vickings.

maybe go for the brother quatro 6000, its expensive, but i have seen it in action, its really nice. I would get one if i could afford it. I think they run 8000. From what the lady at the show said the 1500 can do most of the same without all the bells and whistles runs about 2000. The duetta 4500 is also very popular. I wouldn't mind having one of those when my espire gets old. You would still be able to use all of your attachments for sewing from your other machine

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtercreamCakeArtist
    Quote Originally Posted by darlin121
    Have you looked into the possibility of getting a Babylock Enterprise? It does cost some money but it sounds like what you are looking for. Try http://www.babylock.com/embroidery/enterprise/
    That looks like a really nice machine.

Isn't Baby Lock related to Brother???
    Brother makes the sewing machines and sells them to babylock, and they put their name on it and they market it differently, like the qc1000 is the espire and the quatro 6000 is the ellisimo, the only difference is that brother has the my custom stitch feature that is only on their machines. Feet and attachments are all interchangeable
    Thank you. I tried looking it up and was unable to find what I was looking for. I was sure I'd heard they were basically the same brand.

maybe go for the brother quatro 6000, its expensive, but i have seen it in action, its really nice. I would get one if i could afford it. I think they run 8000. From what the lady at the show said the 1500 can do most of the same without all the bells and whistles runs about 2000. The duetta 4500 is also very popular. I wouldn't mind having one of those when my espire gets old. You would still be able to use all of your attachments for sewing from your other machine
    Thanks, but I am finished with Brother. I had some problems a couple years ago, and Brother's customer service was very bad. I have not had good luck with the Brother brand. :(

maybe just service that one for sewing , and get an embroidery only model that is higher end, either way expensive machines with computers need to be kept in good condition.
    I do like the way the SE-270D sews. Sew smooth. I like all the different stitches it does, too. It just really annoys me that it doesn't do all the pretty embroidery it's supposed to do. Oh, well. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by mtspools
    I have A viking SE and A viking #1+ wich is 13 years old runs like A charm.I love my vickings.
    I've heard a lot of good things about Vikins. Thanks for your reply.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4