Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: I'm embarrassed!

[QUOTE Originally Posted by Sewnoma Nobody but another quilter will ever notice, I promise you![/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more, and even then most of us don't look for the oopsies just the finished item, he will love it that is for sure.

my first attempt at quilting was many many years ago. My two oldest children were 8 and 10, I allowed them to help. We cut out 4 inch (sort of ) squares, we sewed them together into strips, then sewed the strips together. nothing matched. My oldest daughter still has the quilt and treasures it. We made more than a quilt, we made memories. And it is just a warm as any perfectly pieced quilt.

Blog Entries
    The nice thing about rag quilts is that they are raggedy. Be happy that you are finished and I bet your little man loves it. Since you noticed that your seams were off, I bet yor next quilt will have more even seams. Keep up the good work.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

this was the case for me too when i first started rag quilting. i only make rag quilts, and the more you make, along the way you will discover little tips and tricks. when i sew my blocks into rows, then go to sew my rows together, i always start by matching up my first seam. then match up the seams after that. don't worry about the edges because you will sew a line of stitching around the whole outside of the quilt edge and then that will get clipped and rag, so you won't see it. i hope that makes sense, if not, please send me a message. i'll be glad to help!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7