Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm finally a Winner, Woo Hoo! >

I'm finally a Winner, Woo Hoo!

I'm finally a Winner, Woo Hoo!

Old 11-12-2010, 09:48 PM

Congradulations! Please post when you receive your prize!
Old 11-13-2010, 06:54 AM

I've been doing the hops since my middle son was born, so about 8 years. I've won a few 10.00 gc, but because it ends up costing in the long run, some of them I don't use. I did win 2nd place this summer. I too received about 4 yards of white on white tonal print fabric. I haven't found a use for them yet, maybe labels.

I think the shops are fun and have loved the last 2 sampler quilt patterns. Much, much better than the patterns they used to include when they started!

I have really liked the different things the shops have to offer. Bookmarked a ton for their free patterns. I shop at a few too, but usually not during a hop. Just kinda works out that way.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:37 PM

I didn't do the October one, but have won 2 $10 gift certificates in the past. Congrats on your win.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:34 AM

You must register with the Shop Hop and then start visiting each of the sites. They give you a list with links. Once at the site, you keep looking all over for the photo of the bunny. Once you find the bunny, you click on it and it registers that you were there and found it. You must visit and find about 3/4 of them but the more the better your chance of winning... You find some great sites with fabric and notions. Sale items too...

Happy hopping...
Old 11-14-2010, 08:28 AM

Congratulations. How exciting for you!!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Me, the person who never wins anything, finally won something. I've been participating in the Fab Shop Hop, have you? I won a second place prize in the September Shop Hop. I'm so excited. I can't wait to see what I got. Who else is playing along? What did you win?
HA! I read about your winning...you made me laugh! I pictured you as a little kid running into the room saying "I won, I won!" Congratulations! I'm very tickled for you! I hope you won something really cool!
Thanks everyone! I'm still reading your comments and I had to say something to this one: Here I am running in the room; "I WON! I WON!" LOL, that's exactly what i picture myself doing too, so now I am. I still haven't gotten anything, still waiting. Will let you know when it arrives. Now, on to more reading.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Edie
Originally Posted by trueimage
Originally Posted by SherryCat
Please tell me where to start and how to play. Sounds like fun!!!
me too!
OOPS, I just hit the wrong button and deleted the whole world as we know it! Google Fab Shop Hop and everything will pop up. I keep track of the bunnies I find by writing down the quilt shop. It is an absolute hoot. It takes the cobwebs out in the morning and the fabrics and "toys" are fantastic to look at. And the best part, you don't leave home! No gas, no weather, you can sit there in your chenille robe (you know which one) and your holey slippers and your curlers and no one will see you and you can really enjoy yourself at your pace. It takes me about three weeks to get ALL of them. That is my goal each time. I gotta find that little critter if it kills me! And here I go again - in four more days.

Don't forget to put out your flag today - Veterans Day. Edie
LOL Edie! I had no idea that was the trick to finding all the bunnies. I'll have to see what I can do about a chinelle robe and as for the curlers, well, I'm kinda bald, lol. Hmm, maybe a wig? I'll have to think about this one.

It's a game I play with myself. I try to find all of the bunnies and usually I do. I try to see how fast I can do it. I've been playing for several months and also enjoy collecting all the patterns. It makes me have fabric envy for all the fabrics I see and can't afford to buy. One day!
Old 11-14-2010, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by hheelleenn
I participated in the October shop hop and also the Treasure hunt. nothing so far. I don't expect anything. I too am a non winning person, but then again you did !
apparently persistance is the key. I can't tell you how long I've played this sweepstakes or that and the same with lotteries and probably every other you "name it" game and finally a little something. But the good news is I don't do it to win (or maybe?) I do it because it's fun and at least I have a chance. So I expect one day my ship will come in, I just hope I'm not at the train station.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaB
Congratulations. Can't say you never win anything now. :-) Be sure and let us know what you get. We are excited for you.
Well, in retrospect this really isn't the FIRST time I've won. Thinking back about 17 years ago I won $2800 in a Bingo game. Now that was a win. I was shaking so bad I couldn't even sign my own name to the papers. So, I guess I have to say this is the first time I've won something in 17 years. Hope I don't have to wait that long for the next win.

I will let you know what I get.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:43 AM

I've heard many of you say you've won 2nd place and got white on white. If that's what I have to look forward to, I'm going to be very excited. I've been looking for some at a reasonable price. If that's what I get then it will be what I want at the perfect price. Can't beat that. Here's hoping.