Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm finally a Winner, Woo Hoo! >

I'm finally a Winner, Woo Hoo!

I'm finally a Winner, Woo Hoo!

Old 11-11-2010, 06:19 AM

I won a 100.00 gift certificate at are local shop hop. Took me 2 days and lots of miles,but I did it. I couldn't find any one to go with me so I took myself,had a great time.When I found out I won I was like a kid in a candy store, I never have that kind of money to spend all at once,it was exciting
Old 11-11-2010, 07:35 AM

I srarted that and just was overwhelmed. I did the quilter blog and won a fabric layer cake, a pattern and a square to square up squares(I know it has a fancy name but have "oldtimers". :roll:
Old 11-11-2010, 08:38 AM

congrats to you.I'm still trying to win anything any place :-D
Old 11-11-2010, 09:52 AM

I won second prize a few months ago and they sent me a few yards of light beige cotton fabrics . Very nice colors that can be used alot. Didn't even know I won till they showed up in the mail. Recieved mine before it was even listed.
Have won alot of the $10 Certificates also. some I never used. passed them on to a friend. either the sites prices where crazy or the postage was. didn't seem worth even using. But a few times I really got lucky and got a site with sales!!!. even had one place that sent me a extra yrd as a surprise.
Love doing the bunny searches my hubby thinks I'm nuts but one day when I win big I will laugh in his face LOL!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 10:49 AM

I'm new here and to quilting, and I did the Shop Hop and won a 2nd place prize (along with 5,000 other people -hahahaha). I love finding the patterns too. I got all of the cupcake patterns this last time and can't wait to attempt it for my granddaughters.........
Old 11-11-2010, 11:32 AM

I was a Second Place winner last year. I received some gorgeous fabric. 3-4 yards of assorted tone on tone whites. I keep hoping to win a AccuCut...
Old 11-11-2010, 11:33 AM

Congrats!!!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Edie
Originally Posted by trueimage
Originally Posted by SherryCat
Please tell me where to start and how to play. Sounds like fun!!!
me too!
OOPS, I just hit the wrong button and deleted the whole world as we know it! Google Fab Shop Hop and everything will pop up. I keep track of the bunnies I find by writing down the quilt shop. It is an absolute hoot. It takes the cobwebs out in the morning and the fabrics and "toys" are fantastic to look at. And the best part, you don't leave home! No gas, no weather, you can sit there in your chenille robe (you know which one) and your holey slippers and your curlers and no one will see you and you can really enjoy yourself at your pace. It takes me about three weeks to get ALL of them. That is my goal each time. I gotta find that little critter if it kills me! And here I go again - in four more days.

Don't forget to put out your flag today - Veterans Day. Edie
You don't need to write down the shops. If you go to the member's area, you can click on shops visited and shops not visited. I always start hopping from the shops not visited page. Also I get an email for every bunny I find that tells the name of the shop.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:52 PM

Congrats - I play all the time. Love the quilt blocks they have had the last couple of months
Old 11-11-2010, 04:28 PM

Back in February (I think) I won a $10.00 prize from a shop. I e-mailed them with some questions, and they never answered. So I did't cost them anything.

And since then, I haven't had time to do another hop! Spending so much time job hunting instead of bunny hunting!