Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I'm Going to Make a Quilt For My Mother

I'm Going to Make a Quilt For My Mother

Making a quilt for your mother isn't unusual. However, my mother is 97! I'm planning on giving it to her for Mother's Day. I have been quilting just three years and my first four quilts were baby quilts. Then I made a quilt for my husband and daughter. I'm hoping she lives long enough to see it. She doesn't need a quilt. She learned to quilt probably 15 years ago so has quilts of her own. But since she is the one who taught me to sew way back when, I want to make one for her. When she passes I'll keep it for myself.

Maybe you should let her see the progress as you work on it....it will give her something to anticipate.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Blog Entries
    I agree with Tinks Mom. I was gong to make a bed quilt for my Mother's 80th birthday and she passed away 7 months before her birthday. I did make her a lap quilt that she used every day and loved but I wish I had made the bed quilt sooner.
    Joyce

Any quilt you gift your mother will be special in her eyes. Instead of a large quilt, you could make her a lap quilt which will take less time. Maybe gift it to her for Valentine's Day or any special day you spend with her.

What a great idea. I know she will love whatever size quilt you make for her.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.