Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: I'm not a hoarder because I'm not keeping it all...

  1. #1
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,625
    I answered a CL ad today and bought 20 LARGE garbage bags of fabric. Yes, 20. I will be keeping, at most 3. I spent the day sorting through most of it and putting aside what I'll keep. 80% of it is double knit polys, poly blend scraps and cotton/poly yardage. But, there were some cottons and flannels in there too. I must have over 100 yards of double knit and poly blends out in the garage now. :shock:

    If anyone lives in my area (Sacramento) and can use it contact me, I'll make you a screaming deal :thumbup: This fabric is from an estate and the seamstress was obviously a costumer or polyester princess:> I can't believe how much fabric was in the bags . I'm beat but it was fun exploring the bags and finding some treasures. The washing machine will be busy tomorrow!! It's always so fun to find a good deal.

  2. #2
    Power Poster MadQuilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    ELVERTA, CA
    Posts
    13,001
    Blog Entries
    1
    SO are you happy or sad that you get to keep 3? If you want to get rid of some, check with the community service group of the River City Quilting Guild. Not sure if they have any restrictions on fiber content.

    ...and no, not putting my name in the hat. lol (Pat would have a cow) Even though we really need to get together some day.

  3. #3
    Super Member quiltlonger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Rushford, NY
    Posts
    1,690
    Good luck on the haul!

  4. #4
    Super Member DogHouseMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Grundy Co Illinois
    Posts
    5,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    I must have over 100 yards of double knit and poly blends out in the garage now.
    Whatever you do don't let it near a punch bowl or a really bad 60's Tupperware party could break out.

  5. #5
    Super Member bjnicholson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    3,249
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    I must have over 100 yards of double knit and poly blends out in the garage now.
    Whatever you do don't let it near a punch bowl or a really bad 60's Tupperware party could break out.
    funnieeeeeee!

  6. #6
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,625
    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    SO are you happy or sad that you get to keep 3? If you want to get rid of some, check with the community service group of the River City Quilting Guild. Not sure if they have any restrictions on fiber content.

    ...and no, not putting my name in the hat. lol (Pat would have a cow) Even though we really need to get together some day.
    Actually, kind of sad there wasn't more I could use. Woweeee some of this fabric is interesting.

  7. #7
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,625
    Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    I must have over 100 yards of double knit and poly blends out in the garage now.
    Whatever you do don't let it near a punch bowl or a really bad 60's Tupperware party could break out.
    Some of this poly would be perfect for those 60's pantsuits!

  8. #8
    Power Poster erstan947's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    12,105
    Blog Entries
    47
    Been there done that! mov'n on! :)

  9. #9
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,193
    Lucky you! Wish I DID live closer!

  10. #10
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,625
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
    Lucky you! Wish I DID live closer!
    Come and bring a truck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.