Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm in trouble!

I machine quilted a top a while back and have just started to hand quilt it. I layered it, basted it and have quite a bit of it quilted. Horror! Part of a seam is coming apart. It's in a place That I was not going to quilt and it has frayed so bad that I can't seem to sew it back together. Any suggestions would be appreciated. By the way I'm a new quilter.:cry:

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Depending on what the blocks look like I would applique something over it. What design is it??

Power Poster
    If one block frayed, other places you've used that same fabric might also have issues.

Applique covers many problems. If you put several on the top, it will look like you meant it as a design feature.

My mom would applique butterflies all over my clothes when I was a kid.

It's a ladder quilt with very modern material for my daughter. I can't think of anything that I could applique over it that would not look bad.

Wonder Under. Peel it off the backing and tuck it under the seam and fuse it. To make it permanant steam it.

Thank you so very much! It's toward the center so I will have to take out quite a bit of quilting . But it will be worth the effort. My daughter just loves it. (But she does not know that it is her Christmas present). I will go right away and buy some wonder under

Just a note of what may work to applique over it if the wonderunder doesn't work, CIRCLE. My guess would be that the straight lines of the ladder design would look great with some "random" appliqued circles added for contrast. That being said, I hope the wonderunder works for you!

Quote Originally Posted by karendenice
    Thank you so very much! It's toward the center so I will have to take out quite a bit of quilting . But it will be worth the effort. My daughter just loves it. (But she does not know that it is her Christmas present). I will go right away and buy some wonder under
    You may not have to take out any quilting. Cut real small pieces of wonder under and tuck into the seam with something like a Purple Thang or a stilleto.

Blog Entries
    Hope the wonder under works ! Keeping fingers crossed for you :lol:

Power Poster
    do you have pictures?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast