Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inexpensive Machines for workshop

TMK

Inexpensive Machines for workshop

Morning Ladies. What do you all use for lightweight/inexpensive machines to take to workshops/camp? I am looking at the Brother CS6000 - Project Runway machine. Your suggestions would really help my decision. Thanks Tina

I use Brother Jem or my Featherweight.

Drew

I know a lady that uses one of those very light, very inexpensive machines from JoAnn's that go on sale for about $30!!!
    For myself, I bought a Bernina 330 when it was on sale at my LQS. Probably anything that sews a straight stitch will work.

I bought a Janome for close to $300. at Hancocks to take when I do charity sewing. I really like it and is MUCH lighter weight than my Brother Quattro.
    Gloria 

cjr
    I use either my FW 221 or a janome 3128 that I purchased at hancocks for less then $100. They always put them on sale. The janome has been dropped a couple of times and is as good of a work horse as my FW. The Janome has a zigzag stitch and a couple of other choices. my niece bought her Janome on line.
    Good Luck
    www.etsy.com/shop/quiltinglycaroline

I purchased a refurbished Janome for $65 on overstock.com. I know that they carry refurbished sewing machines. I had emailed Janome and they said all refurbished machines are done by an American company whose name I cannot remember and they sell them with warranties on the overtock sight. With the machine, 1 year warranty and shipping, I paid $89. I absolutely adore this machine. It is a little workhorse and very quiet. Have been bringing back and forth to workshops and retreats and it cannot be beat for that price.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I have a Viking Huskavarna that's pretty old and lightweight. I bought it years ago and keep it in my closet and take it to classes and retreats. It was my baby for years and now it's my back up. Works great. Never had a problem with it. Made payments for two years to buy it. My first one cost $300 and gave it to my daughter. It is a Viking Huskavarna, also. Still works great. They are work horses. They might be a little expensive now, I don't know. My good machine weighs 37 pounds and doesn't leave my desk. Too heavy.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

I use either my featherweight or mechanical Brother. I have never had a disappointment (yet) with the Brother.

I take either the Featherweight or the Singer 301.

I take my Featherweight.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast