Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Info re: fabric find at $1 to $3 per yard >

Info re: fabric find at $1 to $3 per yard

Info re: fabric find at $1 to $3 per yard

Old 08-30-2011, 09:55 PM

Hi Portand/Willamette Valley Quilters: Last fall when we met for our beach retreat and again when we met at Sister's Quilt show in July I mentioned the lady who had a pole building stuffed full of quilt fabric that she was selling for $1 to $3 per yard. I told all of you I would get in touch with her to see if she was still wanting to sell the fabric. She has been very ill so hasn't been able to go out and do much with the fabric but thinks she might be able to get something going in the fall when the weather cools off. She is motivated to get rid of the fabric as her DH would like to have his building back but she just isn't well enough to do all the sorting, unpacking of boxes, measuring and cutting the fabric. I offered to help her do this and said that if several of you came down (car trip you had all metioned you'd like to do) I was sure you'd be willing to measure and cut the fabric you were interested in buying. It was left with her that I would call her periodically to see how she is doing and if she's feeling up to moving fabric. Sooooo, when she's ready to part with her fabric and feels well enough to come supervise us, I'll let you all know. She did call me a few days after I talked to her and asked me if I could meet her at her doctors office to get some fabric she wanted to donate for the Socks for Santa project. She gave....Yes, I said GAVE me several hundred yards of Christmas fabric that she had her DH dig out for our quilt group to make these socks. We've divided up the fabric between about 18 of us and we'll have enough for Socks for the next couple years at least. I'll keep you all posted.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:00 PM

Wow how generous that woman is. I wish and pray for her to be in good health. :)
Old 08-30-2011, 10:04 PM

I pray for good health for all of you, bless you all.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:43 PM

How very generous of her to donate fabric for Socks for Santa...though I don't know what that is :) I hope she's feeling well soon! Of course, if any of us got our hands on that much fabric, we would probably hoard the vast majority of it for our stash!
Old 08-30-2011, 11:19 PM

Thank you for the update.........I would be interested in helping out in this journey....please keep us posted!!
Old 08-31-2011, 02:57 AM

)))))))Hugs((((((( hope she feels better soon take her some chichen soup when you go ;) It is a little to far for me :mrgreen:
Old 08-31-2011, 03:13 AM
Ed

I hope she feels better soon. To far from me to go. It would be nice to see all that fabric.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:57 AM

Oh, my. And I thought I had a lot of fabric. Sounds like that would be a fun road trip for you all. Too far form me though. Hope she gets to feeling better soon.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:15 AM

Darn it. I live to far too. I would love to help.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:18 AM
Power Poster

What a nice lady. Hope she gets well soon!