Old 08-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Feathers

Hi Portand/Willamette Valley Quilters: Last fall when we met for our beach retreat and again when we met at Sister's Quilt show in July I mentioned the lady who had a pole building stuffed full of quilt fabric that she was selling for $1 to $3 per yard. I told all of you I would get in touch with her to see if she was still wanting to sell the fabric. She has been very ill so hasn't been able to go out and do much with the fabric but thinks she might be able to get something going in the fall when the weather cools off. She is motivated to get rid of the fabric as her DH would like to have his building back but she just isn't well enough to do all the sorting, unpacking of boxes, measuring and cutting the fabric. I offered to help her do this and said that if several of you came down (car trip you had all metioned you'd like to do) I was sure you'd be willing to measure and cut the fabric you were interested in buying. It was left with her that I would call her periodically to see how she is doing and if she's feeling up to moving fabric. Sooooo, when she's ready to part with her fabric and feels well enough to come supervise us, I'll let you all know. She did call me a few days after I talked to her and asked me if I could meet her at her doctors office to get some fabric she wanted to donate for the Socks for Santa project. She gave....Yes, I said GAVE me several hundred yards of Christmas fabric that she had her DH dig out for our quilt group to make these socks. We've divided up the fabric between about 18 of us and we'll have enough for Socks for the next couple years at least. I'll keep you all posted.