Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inklingo -- Have You Used It?

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Inklingo -- Have You Used It?

I've been researching Inklingo for potential hand project. I've found it mentioned here on the board several times, but no real information that I can find from someone who has actually used it.

Is it as good as it looks? Tell me the pros and cons.

www.inklingo.com

Power Poster
    I have not used it but it does look like a handy way to do hand work. I know that Bonnie Hunter has a link on her blog site frequently about it.

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking it looks pretty wonderful, too, Tartan. I'm just not sure it's $25 wonderful. My inner cheapness is hard to silence.

My sister does a lot of hand work and she has Inklingo and loves it. She said it took some getting used to but makes her hand stitching so much more accurate.
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

I have used Inklingo a number of times - she does have free patterns - mainly shapes - what I like about it is that you can eliminate the need for a template - you just print right onto the back of the fabric using freezer paper (81/2 X 11 with the fabric ironed on to it ) and runing it thru your printer then cutout the shapes. Also the woman who owns Inklingo is really a delightful person and will answer all your question ASAP.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the input Dakota and Petey. I'm leaning more and more toward trying this. I should probably try out the free shapes just to see if I'm smart enough to print on the fabric.

While it looks like it is a great idea, I actually use Press and Seal for hand quilting. Not sure if you hand quilt or machine quilt, but I found with the P&S, there are no designs out of my reach. When I have some time I was actually going to mKe a tutorial for it.

Rosie the Wyldwytch
    Grab a bull by the horns and enjoy the ride....

I use Inklingo and like it. I just started using it and I think it wastes fabric, but maybe I am not setting it up right. I know you can cut your material down, but my printer doesn't work that great if I adjust the paper size. I would love to see a tut on Press and Seal I hear it works great, but now sure how to use it.

Blog Entries
    I thought Press and Seal was more for quilting -- not piecing. Maybe I'm missing something.

Yes, it is for quilting. Sorry, when you said hand work I thought that was what you were referring too, my bad.

Rosie the Wyldwytch

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter View Post
    I thought Press and Seal was more for quilting -- not piecing. Maybe I'm missing something.
    Grab a bull by the horns and enjoy the ride....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast