Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Iron Question

Blog Entries
    Do any of you have the Euro Steam Ironing System? I saw it demonstrated at a quilt show and fell in love. Too expensive, but I really would love to have it.

Not me! I've bumped the ironing board and dropped my iron on the floor too many times in the last year to spend big money on another one. My $10 Walmart special works just fine, plus I can afford to replace it!

Nope. I have an Oliso and love it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    when I lived in Italy back in the early 90's I got to use of these...the lady did profession draperies...it was amazing...BUT very, very spend..and it would not work on US elec. so saved me the heartache of getting one...

but I would love one, though I do not use steam while quilting!

Blog Entries
    i would consider it if i did projects that required a lot of steam; like blocking knitting projects. but for sewing fabrics, i stay with a traditional iron

Blog Entries
    My husband gifted me with one but I returned it. To much money to spend on an iron. I like the old heavy ones. I have a few that i have picked up at estate sales.

I have that iron. I looooooooooooooove it. I made three wall hangings that I simply could not have made with any other iron. I don't use it a whole lot but when I need that iron I NEED that iron!!! I looked at it as an investment that'll last forever.

Banned
    can't part with my rowenta. I also have knocked it off the board many times and even though the floors are tile and wood - it just keeps going.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    when I lived in Italy back in the early 90's I got to use of these...the lady did profession draperies...it was amazing...BUT very, very spend..and it would not work on US elec. so saved me the heartache of getting one...

but I would love one, though I do not use steam while quilting!
    I was just wondering about using the steam when piecing. . . I know the first and last time I used steam while piecing a wall hanging, my bias edge seams really stretched and caused me a lot of headaches!