Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ironing board cover

Ironing board cover

Mine was fried,burnt holes and sticky.I can be cheap and I used home dec that I had and I cut it to fit and used heat n bond and now I have a great looking thicker fabric cover with using things I had on hand.woo hoo made me happy
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Looks really nice! Ironing boards sure can get beat up at times.

Power Poster
    It looks pretty! Now quick, iron a piece of Freezer paper to the part you use most to keep it nice. I put a new piece of fabric on my ironing board this week as well. Mine is just boring muslin though.

Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    It looks pretty! Now quick, iron a piece of Freezer paper to the part you use most to keep it nice. I put a new piece of fabric on my ironing board this week as well. Mine is just boring muslin though.
    great tip-never thought of that,thanks
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

I just use a tabletop ironing board and I have covered many times with muslin scraps I had. I used all those up and last time I used a silver colored ironing pad. I made an ironing pad like MSQC shows on youtube and now I am using that, it will be fast and easy to make a new cover for that.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

DJ
    Beautiful. I need to recover mine!
    DJ_____________________

Nice! I am "frugal" also and have been needing to cover my board (spotted areas, dark areas, sticky). Using home dec fabric is a great idea! All I have is garment fabric and quilting cottons. Currently I have an old unused twin sized sheet thrown over it. There was so much starch on the silver cloth that the sheet is securely stuck on there! I would really like a nicer looking solution. Your's is nice.

Tartan, I am interested in the freezer paper solution. Does the paper scorch? Do you simply replace it when that happens or do you add an additional freezer paper on top? Do fabrics damp from starch affect the paper negatively? I think I'd like to try this the next time I nicely re-cover my board. I love this Quilting Board. I get so many tips and tricks from all of you. It makes quilting and all things sewing so much nicer.

Nice job on the new cover. My board is a cheap wooden one from a thrift store. I like it. It's small enough that I can set it on the top of my sewing machine cabinet and it's easy to store when I'm not using it. I paid $4 for it and I'm sure I've already gotten my money out of it. The foam behind the fabric is breaking down from age so I'll probably end up re-covering it at some point too.
    Rodney

Yeap love that feeling of making use of something I already have. Love the way yours turned out, why not have something pretty on your board, we sure spend enough time staring at the surface?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast