Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Island Batiks

Quote Originally Posted by crochetetc
    There is no seam allowance on the dies although they are advertised big time for applique.
    I wonder if the dies are supposed to be used with the OESD CD as there are no seam allowances-it's fused. Here's a sample block I did. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-78320-1.htm I used scrap fabric to do a sample before I spent $$ and got the batiks. Ouch that's not good:< Did you complain to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetetc
    There is no seam allowance on the dies although they are advertised big time for applique.
    I wonder if the dies are supposed to be used with the OESD CD as there are no seam allowances-it's fused. Here's a sample block I did. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-78320-1.htm I used scrap fabric to do a sample before I spent $$ and got the batiks. Ouch that's not good:< Did you complain to them?
    I actually spoke with Sharon Pederson herself today, in hand applique you use it to cut out your freezer paper templates only. But I cannot find this in writing anywhere. And I can tell you from posting on the accu quilt list today that the OESD is not compatible with the dies, so many complaints on it.

I told the LQS I was going to cut them out with that and not one person mentioned it not working. So frustrated about the whole thing and the money lost. I might just skip this block and see if I can get more pieces for it out of scrapes from other blocks because I cannot seem to find anywhere to buy the fabric locally or online.

So, the dies are only good for the paper templates and then you're supposed to add the seam allowance? That's crazy! I can see why people would be upset! I e-mailed Accuquilt to ask if the dies were compatible with the OESD CD as I have the Studio cutter and they told me the dies weren't made for the CD. But, that's VERY frustrating:<

The site that you gave me doesn't have the fabric you need?

I am going to go there tomorrow to look, I am not one to have patience looking for fabric online. But they carry only batiks and nothing else. I know they have pieces of the line as I bought the sashing fabric last weekend before I realized I messed up the rest of the cuts.

Does your store have an online store I can look at?

Shoot. Good luck. That's really disappointing:< Did Sharon tell you what's going on with the dies not matching up to the patterns?

Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Shoot. Good luck. That's really disappointing:< Did Sharon tell you what's going on with the dies not matching up to the patterns?
    They are designed for raw edge machine applique.

Which would have been nice for you to know, right!!! Ack.

Just bought several batiks $8.50 yd ($3.00 half yd)from Fabric Fanatics at the OKC Quilt show Friday, 14 Jan. All are extremely nice and you won't be disappointed. Their shop is in Plano, TX.

Blog Entries
    http://www.seawatchfabrics.com/index.php

Batiks are $8.49/yd. Quick shipping. They also have some exclusive prints you can't get anywhere else.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast