Thread: Island Batiks
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 10:18 PM
crochetetc

Originally Posted by Candace
Originally Posted by crochetetc
There is no seam allowance on the dies although they are advertised big time for applique.
I wonder if the dies are supposed to be used with the OESD CD as there are no seam allowances-it's fused. Here's a sample block I did. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-78320-1.htm I used scrap fabric to do a sample before I spent $$ and got the batiks. Ouch that's not good:< Did you complain to them?
I actually spoke with Sharon Pederson herself today, in hand applique you use it to cut out your freezer paper templates only. But I cannot find this in writing anywhere. And I can tell you from posting on the accu quilt list today that the OESD is not compatible with the dies, so many complaints on it.

I told the LQS I was going to cut them out with that and not one person mentioned it not working. So frustrated about the whole thing and the money lost. I might just skip this block and see if I can get more pieces for it out of scrapes from other blocks because I cannot seem to find anywhere to buy the fabric locally or online.