Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Isn't there a piece that can cover teeth to machine quilting easier?

Blog Entries
    I looked in Joanne's yesterday--but didn't find anything. But, I know I read somewhere that machine quilting on small machines is easier with one of these things... so things move along freely. Or maybe I'm losing my mind. That is always a possibility. :wink:

maybe you're thinking of the darning plate that some machines have? i have one for my older kenmore. you add it on top of the feed dogs so they can't catch the fabric and pull it through. it is probably machine-specific and you'd need to get it from a dealer. i haven't seen any generic ones.

a lot of the newer machines don't need them because you can lower the feed dogs.

You can get a slide sheet that you slide over your feed dogs...it's coated with Teflon so the project slides easily for free motion quilting. :)

I know that some people tape a piece of cardboard over the feed. :D

Suz
    Tape a old credit card over the dogs.

Suz

Blog Entries
    Hey thanks everyone!! I will try your suggestions and see what happens. I finished the small item I was working on--but I'll use scrap to see what happens.

:wink: I have used a Piece of plastic Template that you cut with the scissors and then cut a hole for the needle. works grrreat!! Even used it on my Treadle{Great-Granny} Much less expensive!!

Blog Entries
    didn't somebody also suggest that new tin foil ... Reynolds Release? i passed it in the grocery store yesterday and was trying to remember ...