Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I've learned to appreciate my featherweight

mim
    I've owned it almost 15 years now and for the first time really used it.

My Bernina is in Olympia and the FW is here in Maine. I've been sewing a lot of projecta with it. Today I finished putting borders on a quilt I've been finishing for my new SIL.

That little baby HUMS !! I never realised how sweet the sound is !! The Bernina isn't sweet and none of my machines over the years were either.

I bought it way back when because a guild member had it for sale, but never appreciated it. -- Used it a couple times for classes but that wat it.

Now I'm a huge fan. It will stay here in Cushing when I go back to Olympia this winter, but I will miss it. Wish I could be lucky enough to find one at a Sally or GW store or tag sale. -

Mim

Blog Entries
    They are wonderful. I love mine:)

Yes I love mine.

Blog Entries
    I have been tempted several times, but keep talking myself out of one. Just yesterday I came across one in excellent condition for $400. I felt that was too high just to use occasionally. I am spoiled with my modern machine and all of it auto this and that's!

Wow $400 is pretty high. I do love my Featherweight.

I'm going to play with mine in a few days, has so many attachments that I have no clue what they are or how to use them so I'm going to sit down and see how bad I can mess it up!, oh, i mean practice....just love that little machine!

Blog Entries
    I love mine and use it more than my computerized Viking. The Viking is great for quilting, but for piecing, I prefer the featherweight.

Just got mine out today to sew some heavy tote bag seams that my Brother wouldn't go through. I love mine, it will sew through anything you can get under the presser foot. I've sewed everything from my wedding dress to car upholstery.
    Glad you got your's out and are enjoying it.