Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Janome 10000 ? >
  • Janome 10000 ?

• Janome 10000 ?

Old 02-26-2008, 05:51 AM

Thanks for the welcome and all your opinions. It's great to research these things, but it's very helpful for me to hear what others have to say that have actually used the machine in their home.
    I'm still undecided. It's not in the budget to buy a new machine so I've been looking at used. I'm not too worried as we have a great repairman in town and he's certified to work on Janome machines. He just doesn't have any used machines that I want right now. Of course he could sell me one of the sparkling new machines he has in the shop .
    I'm calling about a 9000 today. Although I would love to be sewing on one right now, I have time to wait. Patience doesn't come easy though.
    :wink:
    Thanks again.
    Old 02-28-2008, 06:16 AM

prairie girl, i have the janome 6600P sewing machine and it has a 9" throat and i am absolutely in love with it. I also have the janome 350E embroidery machine, I prefer having these two machines over the ones that sew and embroidery both because lots of times i will have a design under the needle on the embroidery machine and piecing a quilt at the same time on the sewing machine. here's a picture of a peacock that i made on the 350E last night. you sure can't go wrong with any janome machine, i love them both.

solid color
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]8731[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-8731.jpe  
    Old 02-28-2008, 08:43 PM

dojo, that peacock is very impressive. I'm always amazed at what talented creative folks can do on machines.

I'm still looking at machines. I've researched the Janome 6260 and read about the Kenmore 19606 today. It looks good too. I have a Kenmore now that has been good to me.
    Old 04-04-2008, 09:48 AM

My sister-in-law sells these machines. She has two and two of my sisters bought one a piece. I just have Janome envy. She also has a tin lizzie she loves.
    Old 04-04-2008, 12:05 PM

i still have a kenmore sewing machine that was born in 1970 and it still sews great. but i still love my new janomes. i did the peacock in colors instead of all one color, did it on a black jacket and affixed crystals, here's a pic of it.

with crystals
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]15838[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-15838.jpe  
    Old 04-04-2008, 12:12 PM
    Administrator

so far, the Janome MC11000 is the only combination sewing/embroidery machine with a 9" throat. it also uses the largest hoop i could find, although i think you have to purchase that one separately.

if you want to be able to both embroider and machine quilt on the same machine, this seems to be the one best suited. if you can afford it. which i can't. :cry: :lol: :cry: