Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Janome 1600P-DB

One more question, Pat, and then I'll leave you alone! I know the 1600P is strictly a straight stitch machine, but thank you for letting me know just in case I didn't! The question is "do the feed dogs drop?". I read on a site somewhere that they didn't. Thanks so much!
    Bills Gal

Quote Originally Posted by billsgirl
    One more question, Pat, and then I'll leave you alone! I know the 1600P is strictly a straight stitch machine, but thank you for letting me know just in case I didn't! The question is "do the feed dogs drop?". I read on a site somewhere that they didn't. Thanks so much!
    Bills Gal
    No they don't. When I bought mine we looked and looked for a button to drop them. The store owner gave me the plate cover and quilting foot to compensate for them not dropping. I was surprised too, thought it was made for quilting and couldn't understand why they didn't think of that. Maybe on the newer ones with more letters (ha), they do? But boy, I use that machine now more than my other two put together. Check them all out at your nearest dealer, it's fun to go look!

OK, here's a question for all my friends on the board. Does anyone have a Janome 1600P-DB? I was thinking of buying one. However, the only review I found was a very negative one! The lady said that the thread broke at every inch.She claims the machine is a piece of junk! Says it is always in the shop and they won't admit that there's anything wrong with it! I have a MC 9000 but would like to upgrade. As far as lokks goes I liked it for the slim sillouette, the large work area and the fact that it claims to be heavy-duty! Tell me what you know, please!
    Thanks,
    Bills Gall
    I just looked at one this past weekend. She is beautiful. I will be watching this to see the answers.

Billsgirl - I have the 1600P - four reasons - 1) Non-computerized for hauling around to retreats (even though it weighs a ton!) 2) It has a thread cutter on it (most other straight stitch non computerized machines didn't have this feature) 3) It didn't need special expensive needles like the DB & DBX do. 4) It has the large 9"x5" throat area. When I first got it, it was very noisey, and got worse - so took it in, twice - needed lots of oiling to begin with - now it gets oiled the same as any of my other machines. It's still noisier than my other comuterized machines, but this one is a more industrial strength machine. It goes through layers of denim like a hot knife through butter! I'm very happy with it!

Thank you so much for your reply! I weill definately look into them. I just need to find a dealer close to me!
    Bills Gal

The closest I could come with for a dealer is -

Tops Vacuum and Sewing
    5753 Manatte AVE W
    Bradenton, FL 34209
    941-792-8048

I just bought a 'stitch in the ditch' quilting foot for my 1600P - $13.95 from my dealer - works for any of the Janome 1600 series - but with such beautiful weather here right now (70's) - in March - it's tough to be inside sewing!

WOW! Thanks again! I'll be going there this weekend!

Bills Gal

WOW! Thanks again! I'll be going there this weekend!

Bills Gal

Bills Gal
    you can go to Janome.com and find a dealer close to you, too. I am buying a new 3500E embordery machine. Chrickett

Blog Entries
    I have the Pfaff equivalent (GrandQuilter) and want to add that oiling is VERY important. I mean, it sucks up the fluids and there are about 4 different places to add the oil on a VERY REGULAR basis. I need a special needle for mine - sounds like you don't.

OK, here's a question for all my friends on the board. Does anyone have a Janome 1600P-DB? I was thinking of buying one. However, the only review I found was a very negative one! The lady said that the thread broke at every inch.She claims the machine is a piece of junk! Says it is always in the shop and they won't admit that there's anything wrong with it! I have a MC 9000 but would like to upgrade. As far as lokks goes I liked it for the slim sillouette, the large work area and the fact that it claims to be heavy-duty! Tell me what you know, please!
    Thanks,
    Bills Gall
    GO to www.janome.com I am buying one!!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast