Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Janome 1600P-DB

Mine came with a plate to cover the feed dogs. Just a little FYI for ya. :)

Dix
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by billsgirl
    Thank you so much for your reply! I weill definately look into them. I just need to find a dealer close to me!
    Bills Gal
    I have 2 Janomes and I will bet if you change thread, you will be fine. I use only Aurifil in both of mine and have never had a problem!

Blog Entries
    I have a Janome 1600-P and use it on a machine frame. It has a thread cutter, threader, needle down position, drop feed dogs, straight stitch, etc. I have never had a problem with this sewing machine and have been really pleased with it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hulahoop1
    I have a Janome 1600-P and use it on a machine frame. It has a thread cutter, threader, needle down position, drop feed dogs, straight stitch, etc. I have never had a problem with this sewing machine and have been really pleased with it.
    Revise that: No drop feed dogs button. Instead, there's a thicker faceplate that's used for quilting.

I did purchase the Janome and really love. I made sure a read up on it and was prepared for the sideways needle, the thread path and the recessed bobbin case. It sews beautifully.
    I have the DB model which doesn't come with the thread cutter, but that's fine. I'm new to quilting and have only done piecing so far.
    I've been looking around for where I can buy needles. Can you recommend a website? The ones the seller sent with the machine have a flat side and I thought the needles this machine uses are supposed to be round at the top?

Mine have a flat side. Just remember the "dent" where the eye of the needle is goes to the right not the back.

I have the Janome 1600P-DBX and the feed dogs do not drop on it. I had to purchase a heavy duty plate (which is really just thicker than a normal plate) that takes the feed dogs out of play.

Is your 'stitch in the ditch' foot being used w/free motion on a frame?

I agree 100%. I have sewn on Janome for years and have never had a problem with any of them.
    Love my 1600p DBX- if there's a thread problem,probably using wrong/cheap/old thread and tension is probably set wrong (easy to adjust).
    Also have Janome 6260 for fancy stitches; Janome low end for my grandkids to work on when they visit; and a Janome embroidery machine.
    Don't discount the 1600 series, they are really great.

I agree 100%. I have sewn on Janome for years and have never had a problem with any of them.
    Love my 1600p DBX- if there's a thread problem,probably using wrong/cheap/old thread and tension is probably set wrong (easy to adjust).
    Also have Janome 6260 for fancy stitches; Janome low end for my grandkids to work on when they visit; and a Janome embroidery machine.
    Don't discount the 1600 series, they are really great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2