Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Janome 6600P

I've been a lurker for some time now, altho occasionally I post a reply or question. I have a new question. Yesterday I bought a used Janome Memory Craft 6600P for $800 + sales tax. Got it at a local Sew Vac City. I was so excited when I brought it home, but now I'm having a little guilt trip for spending so much (didn't plan that). Did I get a good price? It is only 2 years old, and looks brand new. I got a 6-month warranty on it, and the dealer threw in 2 pks of bobbins, 3 pks of needles, and an Olfa ergonimic cutting wheel. I really can't wait to use it. Tell me what you think, please.

Yes, you got a good deal. I bought a used 6500 for $900 and never looked back. I love the machine and it is the one I use at home for all my sewing. No problems with it at all. The machine I bought had hardly been used as she cuold not bond with it--preferred her Brother. I think I got the better deal.

Blog Entries
    I can't help with this, but you might want to post your question under Main on the home page.

Hello and welcome from SW Iowa. Glad to have you here.

Hello and welcome from Ontario. Sorry I don't know anything about your new machine.

Welcome from Kentucky!

Don't feel guilty. That's a lower priced sewing machine in comparison to TOL sewing machines. Enjoy it.

Welcome from Iowa. I got a 6600P new this year and paid alot more than that. I think you got a good deal. If the dealer offers free lessons take them- there is alot of programing stuff you can do and its really nice to have someone show you how.

I paid full price for mine 5 years ago and have never regretted it. Great machine.

If it sews stitches that you are happy with, then it is worth the price. Before my hubby died he had bought me a Janome 6600. I have used it a lot but I prefer to piece my quilts on the Juki. I have had my dissapointments with the machine such as the paint hasn't held up well. Already shows wear of the paint on corners and there are some chips from pins or maybe scissors which are used around the machine. The button for cutting the thread had a pic. of scissors on it but it has already wore off. For the price he paid for it, I thought it should hold up better than it has.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast